Firm Ware 5.08

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry if I am miles behind on this one been out of internet for a few weeks.. how is this going withe WKM fliers on here.

I am still on 5.02

Dave

KopterX

After testing 5.06 and 5.08, i went back to 5.02, which is apparently the most stable, despite the well known bugs and problems.However, some users are happy with new versions.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
using 5.06 for a while and I cant get rid of the Yaw issue. If I turn gain down it twitches erratically. if i turn it up it goes away but becomes VERY sensitive. Other than this everything flies pretty damn well. I'm flying a 800mm Y6.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
There is supposed to be a new version by the end of the weekend that has improvements in the servo setup for gimbal stabilization and support for PPM. Both of my WKM are currently in boxes on the bench so I haven't been keeping up with the firmware updates lately, probably put one of them on my AD6 when I have some spare time which is not something I have a lot of lately...

Ken

skivvie

I finally got 5.08 dialed in today after much tweaking. It's now very stable in light wind, I have yet to try it in higher winds so grain of salt there. I did have the random yaw issue yesterday that Yuri had and it freaked me out but whatever I tweaked today seems to have gotten rid of that and the toilet bowl in GPS mode. I've seen that come and go though so I'm not holding my breath. I've got an 800mm Hexa with AV130 and Sony NEX5n.

skivvie

The heli toilet bowled at times... meaning it would fly a small circle around a center point when doing a position hold in GPS mode. Lowering my disturbed gain to 90% and lowering my Yaw gain seems to have cured it.

Tomstoy2

I played hooky Tuesday and migrated from 5.02 to 5.08, comming from 5.06. My x/a hexa went from working great to not working worth a damn, to flying incredable. Had similar issues with yaw, wag, drift, altitude, tb, and no adjusting of the gains really helped at all in 5.06.
At the same time I upgraded to 5.06 my Graupner 8x5's came in, so in fairness, I couldn't compare apples with apples.

I gave up and went back to 5.02, it went from bad to worse, Graup's still on board.

So I uploaded 5.08 and put on my old Gaui's, 8", did a series of flights, 9 total, starting in high winds and ending in perfect calm.
The difference was incredable! Once again, not apples to apples,,,

The current configuration went from increadable to astounding buy the time I had it dialed in to handle the wind.
Right now, my belief is that with my set up at least, she just don't like the same size in Graup's. Funny thing is, I really don't think going a size larger with Graup's would have helped. Not for me at least.

It definately likes slow fly props though in 8". At this point I have no desire to experiment farther.

Right now in it's current configuration, I'm very pleased with the 5.08! So far, everything works as advertized for the first time,,, except the gimbal.

So, I'm for anything that will make the gimbal work better!

Last edited by a moderator:

kristiaj

After testing 5.06 and 5.08, i went back to 5.02, which is apparently the most stable, despite the well known bugs and problems.However, some users are happy with new versions.
What kind of bugs are there in 5.02? Haven't noticed anything.. Something I should watch out for?

Dewster

I'm still on 5.02. I haven't had any issues (that I can see) with my Hexa. I'm reluctant in upgrading the firmware, because I haven't read of any major improvements from what I have now. I'm holding out for something significant (like if I decide to drop $400) on a data link for waypoint capability. My craft is rock solid. Can anyone make an argument for doing an upgrade??

Here's my video: Youtube

http://youtu.be/IeA_1ofl-8o Video Downlink

http://youtu.be/BvC5RhafH7Q Course Lock Mode

http://youtu.be/4-VXYE6cfw0 Gps Hold

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Carbon Fiber Props- Are they good?

I have a question for the group. Running 3 S battery packs.
Currently flying nearly hands free hover in ATT. Very Smooth & stable.
I am wanting to upgrade from the standard 10" DJI props for obvious "safety" concerns.
I have 10" x 4.5 APC slow flys I am going to try, but wanted to know if anyone has experience with the Carbon Fiber versions now available.

View attachment 6536

Thanks for any input.

araines2750

Hexa Crazy
Actually, I was referring to the earlier comments that Tomsty2 had posted about props & how they are affected by Firmware upgrades.
I will be upgrading to FW 5.8 and was wondering if anyone had tried these carbon props?

Thanks.

Araines-are you lost in the wrong thread by chance?[/QUOTE]

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am on 5.06 still and this is the yaw twitch I have been complaining about. This is flying in Atti mode, No GPS at all but signal is very good where I live.

Dewster

That yaw issue looks pretty extreme. I have had some yaw issues on rare occasions under 5.02. I had a very slight yaw issue after building my hexa. Adjusting the gains helped. Now on those rare occasions (like when it's really windy), my craft has spun almost 180 degrees. One time, I just let it do it's thing to see what the issue was and if it would correct itself onto it's last commanded heading. It didn't.... This is under 5.02. I do think those times that I've had issues were a result of not having good GPS reception. I read in the manual that not having a good GPS signal could result in erractic behavior. Speaking of which... lately I think GPS signals have not been entirely to reliable in the region. On my phone, in both of my cars on different systems and with my WKM hexa.

Do you still have yaw issues when flying in Attitude mode?

kristiaj

Do you have motors tilted in their respective yaw direction? Tilting motors reduces the need for rpm change when yawing, and the FC handles yaw much easier when only small rpm changes are needed to yaw. It also eliminates problems that occur if one motor is tilted slightly wrong by mistake.
I think motor tilt should be mandatory on all multirotors! www.multiwiicopter.com has a nice illustration:
scarab-quad-design-rudder-controlsm.jpg