Finding the Center of Gravity for the NAZA contoller

photobobga

Using a DJI NAZA controller with GPS? Are you having unstable flight problems? This post might helpful. When measuring/finding the location of your aircraft's center of gravity try this procedure; configure your aircraft with a full flight load. Attach a string with a light weight (like a plumb-bob) to one of the 'arms' near the motor and then pick it up by that 'arm' (at the end below the motor) and let it swing freely without interference. Once the plumb-bob settles measure the distance from the plumb-bob to the center of the aircraft where your NAZA should be mounted. My measurement was 4 cm .vs -12 cm. The dealer and several other NAZA pilots told me to measure the distance from the top of the GPS antenna to the NAZA. Lesson learned.

Best,
Bob

glacier51

Bob:

So you started out with a +4cm and you're now at -12cm or the other way around for the vertical CG #? If your GPS is mounted above everything on your MR, then the "Z" axis mount number in Assistant will always be negative.

Ron

ChrisViperM

Thats the way I do it....shown with a WooKong M, but same procedure with the Naza....works perfectly for me

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: