Few octo questions

Maclean

Hi everyone,

New member here - was looking for some opinions on the following quesions.

Have been looking into 'investing' in a mid-range heavy lifter with decent gimbal/cam on it but just cannot get around the whole relability issue with expensive multis.

I have built my own quad copter from scratch with apm2.5 manged to tune out all the twitches and got it flying sweet.. been using it for over a year without any note worthy issues.

For a big one I was thinking getting a RTF as I already understand the components but after looking at the DJI s1000 packaged with the A2 my opinion soon changed with the amount of horror storys about the A2!!

Also have seen some issues with the Zenmuse gimbals with people showing a horizion drift issue...

I cannot belive DJIs flagship FC has so many issues! And to top it off people saying they dont help customers - I'm really reluctant to buy anything DJI now!

Soo...

Who out there has an expensive rig? What FC are you using? How much do you trust it? Any opinions/ insight after using it for some time?

What are the main contenders on the market right now for octo frames - I like the S1000 and the fact the arms fold but seems expensive for a frame and wonder if there are cheaper options that may be a bit more DIY.

Guess same question for gimbals?

Still in the info gathering phase and don't know if I am going to go ahead with it as I seem to have almost paranoid trust issues with FCs going crazy, just from reading stories - however my own experience with APM has been somewhat trouble free!

P.S Top end budget for all kit excluding cam is around £7k-£8k.