Mikrokopter FC Calibration

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
When I calibrate my FC before starting if I hold it to long in the calibration position the camera mount nick goes nuts.. whats happening?

Do you just wait for one beep for calibration conformation? :confused:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
When I calibrate my FC before starting if I hold it to long in the calibration position the camera mount nick goes nuts.. whats happening?

Do you just wait for one beep for calibration conformation? :confused:

It's shaking its head telling you you're doing it wrong ;)

Up and to the left until you hear the beep then let go, never had mine do anything strange doing it that way.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ta.. not sure what the three beeps and full nick either way is.. Ill just go with the one beep

?

Rebind your RX and TX and problem is gone.
this is because after your initial rebind you mounted a camera mount , you set it up and trimmed it to level.
now the RX is keeping a memory of Failsafe settings.
so just Rebind and trouble is gone.

top left corner is just gyro calibration three beeps is setting 3 (beginner - best mode for aerial shots)

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I have the Jeti module in my Graupner MX22 and a Jeti RX. You mean rebind these now I have all my settings sorted?

crcr

I'm trying to do a gyro calibration but am not getting any beeps at all. All the switches are off (CH, AH CF etc). LED 1 on the FC is on before I try to calibrate then starts flashing slowly when holding the throttle stick up and to the left. I can start the motors ok.
Is there any other way to see if the gyro calibration has worked? maybe the buzzer has stopped working, is there something else I can do to test this?

I'm using 0.84a firmware

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So you have no beep from the buzzer when you stick up and left?.. If the motors start after calibration with the sticks then I am guessing its the buzzer

Dave

crcr

Dave,

There is no sound at all from the buzzer when I do the gyro calibration (left stick up + left)

Should the motors be able to start without doing the gyro calibration?

I did do the calibration pocess then started the motors, I'm just wondering if I don't do the calibration will the motors start? Just trying to eliminate stuff.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Dave,

There is no sound at all from the buzzer when I do the gyro calibration (left stick up + left)

I did do the calibration pocess then started the motors, I'm just wondering if I don't do the calibration will the motors start? Just trying to eliminate stuff.

Depends on the version of firmware but anything even moderately recent should not allow motor start without doing a gyro calibration first.

Ken

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Dave,

crcr,
are there any beeps coming from the buzzer for any of the other functions? 2 examples off the top of my head, if you have GPS you should be getting a beep when it has signal lock and it should do a slow steady beep when the transmitter is turned off with power on the heli (block it down if you try this with the props on).
is it possible the buzzer isn't wired correctly?
bart

crcr

The buzzer has a positive and negative side. It's probably backwards if this is a new build.

It is a new build but it has been working, I tested by activating the GPS but still no buzzer sound. While holding the left stick up + left I noticed that the numbers in the lower left panel in the MK tool were frozen until I released the stick, not sure what this means but throught it might be worth mentioning, but I also noticed that the Height Value came down to 13 or 14 from about 30 something, is this right or should the Height value come down to zero after calibration??

I'm starting to think that maybe its something like this http://www.mikrokopter.us/index.php?topic=2898.new;topicseen#new

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the stick in the upper left corner is a command so if you do it, hold a second and let go, the command has been issued and it does the initialization. i don't think it is necessary to hold the stick there.
bart