FAA where are we today

Macsgrafs

Going way off topic here but on the conspiracy note, this struck a nerve with me. could be BS of course!

View attachment 8702

Great points raised & true! ALL petrol/oil is sold in US$...now ask why Sadam insane was murdered? Because he no longer wanted to sell is $'s but Euro's & african gold dinar...same as Gaddafi...coincidence???

kloner

Aerial DP
I can pretty much constantly hear predators fly around me out in the desert where i fly. I'm bordering the imperial proving grounds, yuma proving ground, mexican border, colorado river drug traficking. can hear a faint prop that never leaves like it's loitering. i've watched them train and one of the things there taught is how not to be heard...... guess they sleep through that class

Stormtech

I am 53 years old scared of the future. I have walked through the same door to work for many years doing the same job. The company I work for sells every 2 to five years but my retirement program never is purchased so I wait 4 years and get some of my retirement money back. Today I am getting ready to go to work just to find out they are doing away with my job and they think I will take a 50% reduction in pay and do the same work under a different title, I am so looking forward to today. Anyway when I received my last retirement settlement I went right out and purchased a Cinestar 8 360 Nex 5 and CX760 and I would like to be legal and not have to rely on donations. It's sad when we have a Presidential election coming up and the candidates keep saying they will create jobs and help and protect small businesses. The reality is take the lay off collect unemployment and set your sights on the welfare program because if you try to be legal and possibly put someone to work we will fine you.

ChrisViperM

Hello Stormtech

I really feel sorry deep from my heart for what happend to you. This so called "new world order" with all it's side effects and the permanent greed of all this "corporations" makes me sick...every day a little bit more. People who did a great job for many and stood behind their companies are just tossed away like some old chunk. What I like about you is the fact that you are not going to give up and try to find a different way of generating income with Multirotors. It won't be easy, but I can assure you that you are more than welcome at this forum and that we will give you all the help possible to get you back on you feet and to make your dream come true. Don't loose your self confidence and don't think you are less worth as a human because of these bastards just tossing your job away....in fact, they don't deserve you.

Whatever you need, just post it here, and if it's only to let off some steam....

Chris

Macsgrafs

I am 53 years old scared of the future. I have walked through the same door to work for many years doing the same job. The company I work for sells every 2 to five years but my retirement program never is purchased so I wait 4 years and get some of my retirement money back. Today I am getting ready to go to work just to find out they are doing away with my job and they think I will take a 50% reduction in pay and do the same work under a different title, I am so looking forward to today. Anyway when I received my last retirement settlement I went right out and purchased a Cinestar 8 360 Nex 5 and CX760 and I would like to be legal and not have to rely on donations. It's sad when we have a Presidential election coming up and the candidates keep saying they will create jobs and help and protect small businesses. The reality is take the lay off collect unemployment and set your sights on the welfare program because if you try to be legal and possibly put someone to work we will fine you.

The land of the free!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry my friend, I feel your pain & anguish. I used to wonder why so many sell drugs, but reading your life story shows me why many turn to selling illegal drugs, mind you flying for profit puts you in the same category..it's still illegal, what an awful world this is, when we can kill innocent people for GOD (Gold, Oil & Drugs), yet we can't look after our own.

Best of luck to you & your family
Ross

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Hey Stormtech, your story makes me think you must work in the automotive industry. Company changes hands ever 4 years, retirement is cut, getting fired and hired back at half your pay.... yup, been there, done that. I had a buddy that worked as an engineer at Ford for 20 years. He had a nice golden egg sitting there. Until 2008, oops. Ford canned a bunch of engineers, retirement is gone (I don't understand how they can do that), etc. Now he's working there again, under contract, at a lower salary and no benefits. I used to work there too, then went to a supplier. Saw all the supplier companies get passed around like cheap hookers, every few years. Mergers, Acquisitions, Severances and Shuttering. Amazing.

Stormtech

Well back from the hole I work for I have my calculations I will now lose one Cinestar 8 fully loaded six spare lipo's charger and a pair of MX-20s RTF or $15,400.00 per year reduction.
I am pretty proud of myself I stood up in the meeting let management know that yes I can add and I knew they were truly some of the most pathetic ASHLOLE's I have ever had the pleasure to work for.
They tried to defend their position only to have 27 Techs let them know what a bunch of greedy pieces of smoldering lipo leakage they are. I am sure I will be unemployed a week from tomorrow by the way they did not offer a layoff just take it, boss stayed fifty feet from me at all times.
Your comments really got me through the day thanks guys it really means a lot

Stormtech

Ok it's a new day now back to it. Is there anyway to fly multirotor's in the USA for income and still be legal? I am set flying fpv, osd, dvr, nex5, cx760, mx20 smartbox, cinestar6&8 all mk boards and I am trying to be patient. Ya Right
This is down right sad that if I fly as a hobby I am legal but add the all mighty dollar and wham I am treated like a criminal.
I don't want to make things bad for the rest of us so I need your input.
Do we get the media involved?
Politicians?
Where do I start?
2015 is a long way off.

kloner

Aerial DP
just start promoting yourself to the people you want to do this for. make a repor, get em used to ya and go for it. the cops aren't looking for you, the only problem will come along if anything happens where law enforcement/fire gets involved. Theres full blown aerial photographers written about daily using this stuff and theres no stories after about following up legaly

Stormtech

Kloner I guess you have a point and I have already started the word of mouth but it would be nice to advertise licensed and insured. I thought I had read where some people were being threatened by the FAA. I have a lot invested and don't want to have my investment to confiscated.

kloner

Aerial DP
your not gonna get that. make a business, photography, rc resale, something and just take there money. That way you can write off the cams, rc, all the stuff it takes and live life. unlawful and illegal are two very different things in this current society.

the people you see threatened either show it on the internet or are in a current aerial photography business

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yes, it appears to me the situation is basically this.

Doing this as a business is not "legal" according to the FAA, but at the same time, they really can't do anything to stop it other than writing angry letters. While it is not "legal", it is also not "illegal" meaning there is no possibility of jail time, fines, or even confiscation of equipment. There are lots and lots of guys doing this, but for the most part, they keep their head down. They have web pages, but they don't do a lot of broadcast self-promotion. You'll never see these guys agreeing to be interviewed by CNN. They just keep it local, word of mouth, and just stay on the down low. You also don't see them posting details of jobs within the US, on the internet. The only time you see the FAA get involved is if somebody sticks their head up, gets national media attention, or if somebody else gets involved and just uses the FAA as a tool (ie: Crane Operators Union of L.A.) to shut down this growing field and maintain their monopoly.

I just can't figure out if this situation exists knowingly with the FAA, sort of a nudge-nudge-wink-wing-say-no-more-say-no-more... or if they just don't have the manpower to go after this actively.

At the end of the day, we've seen a few "Cease and Desist" letters, but never any fines or jail time.

For what it's worth, you can actually buy insurance for AP in the US, there is even a company specializing in it.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
..............For what it's worth, you can actually buy insurance for AP in the US, there is even a company specializing in it.

the insurance you're talking about is very expensive. there are much cheaper options with better coverage but you have to do the legwork to find an insurance agent willing to find what coverage fits the application.

typically coverage will be double, cost will be half.