F550 WKM drift

EgonW3

After crash I've rebuilt my F450 that was flying perfect to F550 in quite heavy version (AUW 3150g). After upgrading it to 5.06 had strange problems that caused two crashes (it was fliping right). I've alse replaced 6th motor and ESC because I didn't new if the problem was because of WK-M or because of ESC. Bu even before crashes my hexa had strange tendency to drift in random direction (ca 1-2 m/s). Now after upgrade to 5.12 everything seems to be perfect except drift and may be some white flashes. My IMY is firmly atached to lower plate with thin, strong double side tape (not foamy one). My radio is precisely calibrated.
Today I've associated basic gains (roll and pitch) with a knob on my transmitter so I can change it from 100 to ca 350. Raising it didn't help. I've also noticed, that in Att and GS mode to maintain constant altitude I need to set throttle to ca 60%, not 50%.
I've also noticed that the drift tendency is much stronger in GPS mode then in Att mode.
When I release sticks on my radio my exa should stop, but it doesn't - it continues to fly in direction it was flying before I released the sticks.

I don't think it's a problem with firmware because it was drifting with 5.02, 5.06 and 5.12.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm EgonW3,

do you have any pictures of your setup ? GPS module it far away from any disturbing components ?

Boris

EgonW3

Do you think that playing with gains would solve my problem? May be I should seriously increase attitude gain (now I have default 100)?
May be I have somehow damaged my IMU? The crash that initiated conversion of my F450 to F550 wasn't serious - my copter has fallen flat with motors working, but with not enough power, damages wasn't serious, no direct impact on WKM parts (leg extensions penetrating ground into 3-4cm on one side, breaking two arms and damaging GoPro gimbal acted as a crash zone, propellers not damaged).