F550; WK-M; Spektrum DX8 with AR 8000 Build Question

shsober

I have just connected up my electronics and I'm getting continuous beeps from the ESCs. I bound the radio but the beeping keeps up and the WK-M LCD is steady white. I'm inside, GPS connected. Can someone help?

VINHEX

Maybe a stupid question, have you connected to the assistant software is all the settings correct?

shsober

I just switched two wires, now I'm getting 3 red 1 blue flash. The one page graphics explaining the meaning of various flashes is not very clear. I have not hooked up the Assistant software becasue I was spooked by the noise and light, not knowing what to expect when I first connected the battery. I guess the noise and flashes are normal at this stage of build and the use of Assistant will fix it?

VINHEX

You need to connected to software to setup what your flying ie hex, quad, oct, if on wrong setting then you'll get beeps as config maybe wrong.. If all built connect unit and make sure first page at least is set.

DIPswitch

You may have your wires connected upside down. I had that same constant beep from the esc's. Flip your wires. I think you may have "+" plugged into "-"....
Hope that helps.

DIPswitch

you should have an ascending set of beeps, then a number of beeps corresponding to the number of cells your battery is, a very short pause ....then ONE beep after the cell count...

shsober

I plugged in the battery, 3 red 1 blue light and constant beeping (higher pitch than the vimeo) and radio seems properly bound. I run Assistant with hex V selected but it does not seem to be communicating with MC, no menu options are available. The Assistant MC Output On light is flashing and the PC beeps to signal that it's in touch through the USB port.
I have nothing plugged into Aux1 or Aux3 on my receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

VINHEX

Make sure you have internet connection. So the unit can register you should have to put email address and serial number in first time. If the unit is not connecting to the Internet this is stopping you to write to the assistant. Which means that although selected the model still not written to MCU.

shsober

I had not sequenced the USB connection properly. I got into Assistant with MC Output Off but the menus still don't appear to function. ESCs still beeping constantly. The LED starts white steady, then goes through some colors, then 2 rd 1 blue, then cycles through continuous 3 red 1 blue. I did connect to log on.

shsober

I see "version does not match" in Assistant. I'll check into that. I thought i should be installing version 5.08. I just got the WK-M, is it already loaded with a later version incompatible with 5.08 and 1.26?

I got rid of version doesn't match, still no change in LED or beeping.

VINHEX

Once you update the firmware/software click n defaults at the top and re-input settings.. Making sure picture on right matches your model. If you still have beeps.. Double check motor connections and other connections to main unit. Double check all soldering ie red black ect..

shsober

Config error 8. The LED is blinking red only. I'm trying to set up the tx.

Now config error gone, transmitter sticks seem calibrated but still beeping and 3r 1b.

If I have polarity problems how can I check with multimeter?

shsober

Could I have damaged the bottom PC board when soldering? I had to rework the battery leads a few times. I've checked and rechecked polarity and wiring. I did find my Rudder connection was bad and replaced the wires.

How can I be sure the WK-M has accepted the settings I put in the Assistant?

VINHEX

I would think its quite hard to damage the bottom plate, if the settings have been saved when you go back into the assistant software they should be as set. I always press write to make sure in each of the settings tab.

VINHEX

Just another check! If you connected using the std cable you have to trim of feed slot on connector. Are they the write way around..
Brown at top.. On the ar8000