F550 and Sony NEX7

Ghiro

VideoDroned
I'm very impressed! Please GGoodrum keep us updated, i'm looking for a gimble and yours looks exactly what i was looking for.
Just a coupple of questions: is the F550 your testing with stock motors? How bout prop's and batteries set up you've used to lift a NEX5+ a GoPro?
Thanks.

CrashMaster

I am interested in this as I too have an NEX7 but brushless gimbals preclude the use of in-flight zoom. Servo gimbals tend to have a far better ability to handle imbalance. However, most are made for the slightly smaller NEX5 so can not get access to the HDMI out for AV downlink. I am looking at extending an Aeroxcraft VTR125 with Hoverfly gimbal board and Savox 1258TG servos to allow the use of the HDMI Out. The interesting thing is that everyone is going bonkers on Brushless but the servo gimbals do provide far better reliability being less troublesome in winds and when subjected to shifting weight from a zoom lens.
It is worth knowing I do have 4 servo gimbals and 2 brushless and although the brushless ones are excellent for the likes of the GoPro where balance is fixed there does appear to be a hole in the market here unless you go silly expensive like the DJI Zenmuse.