F450 Naza Lite VU LED Placement

TimB

Hello, building my first quad and I have a few questions about placement of items. My Naza kit came with the MC, a remote LED and a separate PMU. Every photo I see online has the led/pmu in one device. Why are mine separate? Where can mount the pmu? It says to keep it away from the MC. I had planed to put it on an arm but it has wires coming out both ends. Can I stick it to the bottom of top plate right above the MC? Will that cause issues? Need to keep the rear open for the RX and the front open for the fpv camera (White arms are front). Any ideas?

Thanks,

My build:
F450
Naza Lite M, LED and GPS
E300 esc's and Motor kit
FrSky Taranis Plus w/ X8R rx
FPV: Fatshark 5.8gh video tx w/Fatshark Attitude Goggles

Future goal: Aerial Video w/gimbal

Here is a photo of where I'm at:
450.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TimB

I thought about turning it sideways and sticking it to the side of naza (B) opposite of the power leads. I just wasn't sure if it would be OK touching the naza. Another option is maybe making a 90 degree angle mount for it and mounting out by its self (A) or go with sticking it to the bottom of the top plate (C). I really like option C but I'm not sure if it'll cause interference.

450a.jpg

Gary Seven

Rocketman
Hey @TimB, great choices on your Tx and Rx! Listen up. I'm attaching a photo of my F450 taken from above (just did it now from my iPhone, just for you...sorry for the quality). I was going nuts trying to figure out how to mount all the electronics in the limited amount of real estate provided by this kit. In the end, I turned my PDB /mounting plate 90º as you can see in the photo. I was following @Bartman's build and he has it oriented the other way (like you), but I just didn't "get" how to mount all that stuff.

As you can see, I have the PMU mounted on one side and the Rx on the other (sorry, I didn't feel like taking off my top plate for the photo...too much work). Inside where you can't see, I have of course the FC mounted in the center, plus a Turnigy RC switch for controlling my LEDs from my Tx. Also, please don't be confused by the red/white arm placement...I chose to use white as my forward and red as my aft...so sue me.

Anyway, I have been flying this machine massively since I built it in July. AFAICT I do not have any problems with the PMU, FC, RX, or GPS interacting with one another in a negative way. The only negative I can think of is my flying my quad into a palm tree the other day and severing one of the X8R's PCB antenna. Oh well. HTH!

Edit: I wish this framekit came with a third plate with standoffs or something (sort of a 3-story concept). It would help sooooo much to house all the extra goodies we install.;)

Attachments

• F450_above_Rev2.jpg
    F450_above_Rev2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 476
Last edited by a moderator:

Rotorfreek

77319a35f79313771e12ccf7555e360f.jpg

Sent by my thumb, a trusty slave to my crazy mind. The above is the ramblings of a lunatic, and should be treated as such. Terms and conditions apply.

TimB

Thank guys. I ended up sticking it to the side of the naza (location B). I flew it for the first time last Friday and it flew great. Ive flown it a few times since and its nice and smooth. GPS locks on quick, return to home works. Its amazing how stable it is. I'll try to get some pics posted later.