F450 legs and gps holder?

savolion

Hi guys, wondering where can I buy legs for the f450 frame, I keep reading about people being able to get them in aus but I have yet to find any.

Secondly what are the options for holding the naza gps puck other than the standard pole that is supplied??

Cheers

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
I got one of these on ebay, very pleased with quality - F07502 DJI GPS Folding Antenna Mount Holder Metal Carbon for Quadcopter Black

savolion

I got one of these on ebay, very pleased with quality - F07502 DJI GPS Folding Antenna Mount Holder Metal Carbon for Quadcopter Black

Cheers, i had found that one and it looks okay, but i have seen a few people with folders that also have a little "fence" that goes around the puck with a opening at the front im assuming to stop any interferences from the onboard electrics

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I do a flat rate international shipping of $18.

Im curious why the GPS holder has become so popular. It seems it adds un-needed weight. What's wrong with the standard carbon pole Dji includes? Or just mount it direct to the frame?

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I do a flat rate international shipping of $18.

Im curious why the GPS holder has become so popular. It seems it adds un-needed weight. What's wrong with the standard carbon pole Dji includes? Or just mount it direct to the frame?

Funny you should say that about the weight, I had that in my reply but removed it. I wanted to express that very comment, not sure why it is needed in my opinion, I have never come to the point of anything hitting the puck. If anything did hit it I am sure there would be more damage than just the puck to worry about.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I didnt know if the idea was to try and isolate the gps from interference below the puck. But plastic is invisible to the rfi coming from the heli. Though the GPS is more or less line of sight, I dont see any advantages to cutting out that from below. So doesnt seem to make sense. maybe it just looks good.

Funny you should say that about the weight, I had that in my reply but removed it. I wanted to express that very comment, not sure why it is needed in my opinion, I have never come to the point of anything hitting the puck. If anything did hit it I am sure there would be more damage than just the puck to worry about.

In my early days of experimentation, did a horizontal 180 (half a flip) and landed upside down.
The puck was untouched but the base of the little stanchion cracked the top plate of the 450. Not more then could be easily repaired but there was no damage to the puck.
1 prop and a little pressure on the plate and I was ready to go try again. I did better the next time.
I do like the look of it better then that spindly CF rod bit it's simply a matter of preference.

savolion

Interesting replies, the reason i was interested in it was for a different/more secure mount for the puck.

ended up going with the folding boom that was linked earlier and some super velcro from my supply which is much stronger than any tape provided.

Iris i was about to checkout with the legs and batwing adapter plate before realising that my local supplier had the F450 frame and legs back in stock, do love your leg design though, but for cost savings it was cheaper to buy local.

Have been practicing my solder skills in prep for the rebuild which will hopefully happen next week:)