Dual Rate & Expo settings

irvan36mm

After reading about on the forum & trying all of the different gain settings for the NAZA,
I noticed that nobody really talked about their dual rate and exponential
settings on their radios.
What do you guys suggest for a F450 NAZA?
My radio is a Futaba 6EX, and won't be planning on doing any acrobatics
or FPV right now.

Thanks!!
-George

Bowley

I generally use 100% rate in ATTI with a little expo and 75% rate in manual mode to tame it a little. rate of yaw is slow so I keep rudder at 100%

Oylore

I use an Spektrum DX8 and in Manual mode I use 30% expo at ELE and AIL. No on rudder because it´s slow anyway.
In Atti and Atti/GPS mode I use no expo.

ChrisViperM

According to my experience Dual Rate and Expo is manly used in highly powered RC-cars and helicopters. There it makes sense to make the stick less responsive around mid-stick position. A heli, which is very unstabe in air, is much easier to balance with a low stick response around the middle position, the same goes with cars, where you use expo to slightly correct steering, and don't want it to shoot off left or right, just because the steering is to responsive. A multicopter is much more "civilized" to handle and therefore, for normal flying, Dual Rate and Expo is not necessary. Maybe if you fly in very tight enviroment, like between trees, it could help a little. Just try out what fits you best, since there is no formula. Whatever setting makes you feel comfortable...use it.

Best regards

Chris