Dual car / truck battery setup.

Pumpkinguy

Ya, I know guys. Totally unrelated to multies but linked to them somewhat.

I have a gmc acadia with a 32" tv for the kids. It is running off a xantrex 600 watt inverter. (Very clean power btw). My main battery is a 880 cca agm battery. When I start the truck the inverter input drops low enough to restart the inverter. Turning the tv off and the movie or video game the kids are watching.
I want to add a second battery. To fix that problem but to also have extra reserve to charge my small multi batteries, fpv monitor etc. The battery in this vehicle is behind the passenger seat and battery # 2 will be within 12" 0f that. So what type of isolator do I use and how do I wire it? I don't want the batteries in parallel when the vehicle is off. I want the starter battery isolated and the #2 to run tv, charge stuff etc. I'd rather not have to run wires thru the firewall.
Also, can I use a larger battery for # 2? Say 1200 cca?
Watch this if your interested in the setup

Pumpkinguy

I'm not gonna change the current battery. It fits very tightly into a pan welded into the floor behind the passenger seat. It is an agm battery and was expensive. Is only a year old. My altinator is 180 amp. Do I need an isolator rated for > 180 Amps?