"Drone" found on White House lawn

Old Man

Kind of sad to see this. I just worry that a small group of people may give the larger group a bad image.

"May give"? That possibility has long been surpassed. That "small" group of individuals long ago provided the FAA and DHS all the ammo they wanted as a foundation for some extremely restrictive regulations. The FAA is already positioning to write new regs applicable to all "aircraft" to side step the mandate not to specifically regulate RC modeling.

There's no "may" about it. Stupid, self centered people have already generated grievous damage. This was just icing on the cake. By a federal government employee no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soooo.... in line with previous statements and from what I've read the guy was breaking already existing laws by flying in DC to begin with. Period.

Not to mention he was drunk and worked for the National Geo-Spatial intelligence agency. What a hoot!
Sad thing is , all us peons will be slapped with even more draconian regulations while it looks like this lackey will walk, because he turned himself in (after he sobered up).

Also. I don't think you can buy a Phantom at RadioShack, can you?

tstrike

pendejo grande
Also. I don't think you can buy a Phantom at RadioShack, can you?

you can buy them at any camera shop though.
screw trying to make a living filming, be the guy who comes up with the breathalyzer for the transmitters. Blow in the tube before it'll arm the motors...

tstrike

pendejo grande
sh#t happens, it just happened to that poor drunk guy in the wrong neighborhood.

a dome I tell ya, a big plexiglass dome...

Lol. yes it does tstrike. Given the attention span of the American people and the nonchalance of the POTUS on this, it could be that the media could move on to the next really big bad thing. And CNN really oughtta STFU since they have special permission and stuff to use "drones" freely for their , um, "journalism" .

smootheye

Wouldn't be a bad idea to require people to register a serial number or something. I think it would be an easy way to prevent reckless behavior and hold people accountable for this type of dumb crap.

Great idea @@maxwelltub
Registering in some way may not be full-proof but its a good idea; just as we have to do with our guns.