Mikrokopter Droidworx skyjib twitches in flight when PH is on

wild1

Hi,

I have just built a skyjib 8 V2 using the MK electronics and Aerodrive powerboard. After a few small initial issues the machine now flies sweet. All up flying weight at present is 7kg exactly complete with batteries and camera mount. With Vario alt hold on and no PH the machine holds hover solid and forward flight is smooth. However when I switch on PH the machine twitches in the sky and cannot sit still with small side to side twitches. In forward flight the machine also twitches side to side and is not smooth.

Can anyone advise me which parameters do I have to adjust to smooth out the flight in PH.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Wild1 and welcome to MRF.

There are so many adjustments in there there affect it. I used to fly MK and all was great in the world until a firmware upgrade screwed me up. No matter how many hours I tried and how may forums I searched and then pages and pages of jumbled up Wiki maze I gave up in the end. If it flies sweet in vario I would say stick to flying in Vario. There are still quite a few advocates of the MK system on here with big machines that will hopefully jump in and help out.

Dave

wild1

Thanks Dave, I have a couple of other MK's a Hexas XL and an Octo XL and yes what a can of worms they are, however I seem to have got them ok but by luck I reckon. However none of my multitude of settings will work the same on the skyjib. For this build I stuck with MK and did not go to other system because of my friends telling me the DJI had wobble issues on video and my other 2 MK's now seem to be quite smooth. Now I am stuck and have tried every thing for the last week however still same. I know people don't like to give up their secrets and I appreciate that but would like a little push in the right direction to smooth this wobble out.

wild1

Thanks so much guys for your replies.
The set up is as follows,

Skyjib 8 V2 frame but assembled in star configuration (MK OCTO XL) not the X.
Motors are the Kopterworx KW 8.
powerboard is the Aerodrive Powerboard
Props are the Xoar 15 x 5,
Camera mount is AV130 (Photohigher) but will eventually fit my AV200 360 pan mount once I get the machine settled.
Current camera fitted is the Sony NEX5 R, but once I fit my AV200 I will fit my 5D MKIII.
Current all up flying weight is exactly 7kg with 2 x Zippy 5800mah batteries attached.
My radio is the Graupner MX20 HOTT with GR16 receiver.

As stated in my earlier post the machine seems quite stable with alt and PH off, With Vario Alt on, also quite ok in both hover and forward flight however as soon as I engage the PH the machine twitches in both hover and forward flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

schnied

Camera mount is AV130 (Photohigher) but will eventually fit my AV200 360 pan mount once I get the machine settled.
Current camera fitted is the Sony NEX5 R, but once I fit my AV200 I will fit my 5D MKIII.
Current all up flying weight is exactly 7kg with 2 x Zippy 5800mah batteries attached.

As stated in my earlier post the machine seems quite stable with alt and PH off, With Vario Alt on, also quite ok in both hover and forward flight however as soon as I engage the PH the machine twitches in both hover and forward flight.

hey wild1,
I have almost the same machine like you. Maybe you can send (pm) me screenshots of the mk GUI with your settings and then I can tell you what to change...

wild1

Attachments

• Alt settings current.JPG
    Alt settings current.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 255
  • easy set.JPG
    easy set.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 291
  • gyro.JPG
    gyro.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 335
  • navi ctrl 2.JPG
    navi ctrl 2.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Navi set.JPG
    Navi set.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast

Try smaller props. I would have thought they are way to big for that weight of machine. Try some 13x5's get um spinning the biguns are probably over compensating to a degree the FC cant keep up with.. But I aint and never have been a MK guru ;-)

If you got all your kit from KopterWorx I would say drop them and email for some guidance as they are the boys when it comes to biguns and MK

Dave

FOX222

which version of navi is it? I had the the 1.1 navi and after about a year of fling I suddenly had had drifting, glitches and sometimes comm errors between the fc and navi. I finally replaced the navi with the 2.0 version and it flies better then ever. Later I also swamped the gps to the new(er) 2.1 and it picks up more sats now also. I used to see 7 to 9 on version 1.0. I now get about 12 0n a clear day. Also I use the gps_shield. It works!