Droidworx AD-8 HLE : complete and RTF - w/ or w/o AV200

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
It is time to reduce the number of idle aircraft sitting around here. This Droidworx AD-8 HLE is far and away the most consistent, reliable and predictable in the air of all the helicopters and Multirotors that I have or have had. It can be sold with whatever you would like, in terms of extras and accessories.

It has a full Mikrokopter stack, includes the altimeter upgrade and is also fitted with an eight channel i2C isolator board. There are two PC Extension boards supplying separate regulated 5v and 12v for the i2C board, video Tx, boom LED's, Hi-Visibility daylight navigation lights, that make it impossible to lose orientation, and is configured to issue low voltage warnings with flashing boom LED's, in addition to the standard buzzer. It is also completely dismantle-able with bullet connectors on the motor cables or the booms can simply be folded into two groups of four.

It is also fitted with the extended range bluetooth PC connection for wireless PC connection.

It is extremely quiet and civilised in flight and has never ever so much as hiccuped, let alone given any of that DJI-type nonsense. The video evidence with this exact rig can be seen with the following examples:

http://heli.cam.free.fr/videos/12hd.htm
http://heli.cam.free.fr/videos/13hd.htm
http://heli.cam.free.fr/videos/14hd.htm
http://heli.cam.free.fr/videos/15hd.htm

It can be supplied with or without a camera mount. The photos below show the airframe with a 360° Pan Axis AV200. The AV200 is stabilised with a Picloc-3X Pro. Although an analogue gimbal such as this cannot compete with the speed of a modern brushless gimbal, the video evidence shows that it is pretty darn acceptable.

It can be supplied with an HDMI-to-AV converter if required. Not necessary with a Canon 5D but required with Panasonic GH2/3/4 or Sony Nex.

It can also be supplied with video Tx and even video ground station if you want. Take a look at the photos and decide what you may wish to have included. All functions of both airframe and gimbal can be run from a single 12 channel radio, but if you want the two-man option having two receivers is the most versatile solution - as it is here. If you do not need the radio (Futaba 12z) or receivers they come off and the price goes down. If you do not need the video downlink the package is less expensive, etc. etc.

Everything looks shiny and new and everything works like a charm. An airframe such as this in today's climate is probably best suited to still photography, given that brushless gimbals are the defacto standard for video now. But there are those who prefer to have a little controlled aerial 'movement' to their video, instead of the sterile locked horizon of the brushless gimbal. This is something that analogue gimbals are naturally good at and something that digital gimbals are totally incapable of.

This copter is as reliably consistent as California sunshine. Before switching to APC props I had two prop breakages in the early days. The first time I did not even know a prop had broken until it landed. The second time a large flying beetle caused the breakage. The airframe did one small shiver and then carried on flying normally. Together with the i2C Isolator board, that delivers an individual i2C signal to each motor circuit, and dual LiPo's, redundancy on this flat-8 is about as belt & braces as you can get.

For peace-of-mind international or long distance travel there is also a fitted flightcase set available: one for the airframe and one for the Skids/Camera Mount and a stack of very healthy hardcase 4S 5000 LiPo's in a Fireproof Case (very heavy!).

The airframe will be supplied with spare APC props, a complete set of unused Graupner 12x6E props and various Droidworx/MK spares, bits and pieces.

Below is a bunch of photos. If anyone is interested, please tell me what you would like to have included and we can find the price and work out shipping. Altogether this lot represents approximately 14,000 euros of investment. I will be selling it for closer to 4,000 or lower, depending upon options.

dw_2.jpg

056.hdmibox_1.jpg

056.hdmibox_4.jpg

059-cases.jpg

060-cases.jpg

061-cases.jpg

064-cases.jpg

065-cases.jpg

066-cases.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: