Droidworks Frame winner!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
First of all, what are you doing surfing the forums at work!?!

We don't have a winner yet but rest assured that when a winner is picked it will be announced right here in this very thread!

Don't be mad that there's no winner yet. After all I could have posted a link and rick-rolled everyone!

Stay tuned!
Bart

Macsgrafs

Kilby that would be selfish, what about your poor new wife? You must not forget her to, so maybe its best not that you win ;) ;) ;)

Dallas

Boomer Sooner
WHOLLY CRAP! I ACTUALLY WON! WOW! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU DROIDWORX AND MULTIROTORFORUMS.COM for giving me the best possible foundation for my copter. I'm speechless. I'm also stuck in a cabin with no cell or wifi service on a river in Oklahoma with giant catfish that bite people. I had to go the closest town- of 800 people to get a signal to see who the winner was ...and it was ME! I'm working here in Oklahoma until the middle of September on this show, but can't wait to keep you updated on my first build! (and ask for your advice that all of you have so generously shared). Thank you again to Droidworx and Multirotor, I truly appreciate this gift. Sorry Kilby and see you soon!

Sincerely,
Dallas

Bartman

dave or ken....i won't be home for a few hours but go ahead and post the link to the video if you'd like........and the winner is........

Hey Bart! Great contest, and very fun way to select the winner!

That said, please go check your answering machine. The 70's called. They wanted to let you know that even in the 70's 240p resolution wasn't cool! ;)

Ha ha - just kidding! Them's just sour grapes that I did not win! Congrats to the winner!

Now I need to sign up for the next contest (assuming my smart-alec comments don't disqualify me! :cool:)

Crash

Defies Psychics
That was perfect.

And thanks to Droidworx for doing it. That is very cool of you folks!!!:)

I wonder what flight board will be used on it?

Bartman

a few notes on how all of this went down.....

i had a much more elaborate plan for the video but things didn't come together in time so I was left to do what I could with what I had. it was finally squeezed into a quick production this afternoon because my wife forced me to make a doctor's appointment to have a spot on my face looked at and he put me on the schedule in the middle of the afternoon. again, time to get it done and just make sure it's legit so there's no complaining from the peanut gallery. so it was rushed and on top of it the site hosting service crashed today so I had that to deal with. all in all it wasn't what i had planned but I don't think that the winner, Dallas, really cares one way or the other!! He's getting a free frame from Droidworx!!

I tried to load the video into youtube in the full format that it was recorded in but youtube choked on it so i dumbed it down and it got into the system in about 15 minutes.

Sorry to everyone else but we'll have the next contest ready to be announced in a couple of weeks and it'll be good, I promise.

As for the other names, Llamatrails was the other name next to Dallas so he missed winning by an inch (2.54 cm for you metric types) and the farthest from the cup was Mactadpole. It had to be somebody, sorry Mac!

Thanks to everyone for making this a lot of fun and thank you especially to Droidworx for supporting our site and for making a great product that is universally respected and admired.

Thank you!!!!

Bart

Emowillcox

Hey Bart.. nice appliances.. just wanted to tell you I have the same stone on my counter top.... Did you go to Italy to pick that out from the rock place a few years back?

Bartman

Dallas posted to the contest thread on 21 May, 2011 and his post was #130.

Here is what he wrote;

First of all, THANK YOU for even making this contest possible! So, I should win b/c I'm just starting, a complete beginner- so I need the most user friendly frame out there. I can't wait to show EVERYONE how much fun flying this is, and in turn getting more and more people excited about this hobby! To me, that's what it's all about, getting to know different people through shared experiences- flying and otherwise...why not do it while flying the best- DROIDWORX.
Thanks again for the great opportunity,
Dallas

Bartman

Hey Bart.. nice appliances.. just wanted to tell you I have the same stone on my counter top.... Did you go to Italy to pick that out from the rock place a few years back?

yes, was that you that broke the cappucino maker in the waiting room just before I got there?

actually, no. :)

droidworx

Congrats Dallas.; contact us and let us know which airframe you would like..! A big thank you to Bart and the MRF crew, and to all those who posted on the thread. It's been a pleasure to support this forum and the MR community in general. Best wishes to you all . Kind Regards Rob, Linda and the Droidworx crew.