Down and OUT!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well I supose it was always going to happen.. disaster struck on the best night of the year for flying... MY FAULT entirely. Like iccurous I got to close. In my case it was a 7 foot high cast iron statue.. Have you ever seen those video clips of two cars racing accross a completley empty desert but still manage to crash in to each other? Well that was me last night. I zillion square meters of beach and I had to hit a cast iron statue.

Well and truley buggerd.. bust arm and I think fried FC and at least one bL.:(:(:(:(.

Bent Photohigher AV130, wet Nex5 and a bigger bent ego!

As Arnie said... Ill be back!

attachment.php

CopterCam

Dave.

The best evening for flying is right........ I was thinking of your flight plans last evening as I dialed in my platform in total calm, these flying conditions have been elusive for the past two months.

Sorry to hear of your mishap, you know I had a gut feeling something was amiss when you made no reference to your exploits at an earlier stage. But I am sure, like the Phoenix you will rise from the ashes a more accomplished RC Pilot, with a better platform perhaps ?

Hope the NEX 5 is OK.......... placing it in a bag of Rice apparently draws out the moisture ?

Sid

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
@ Sid Cheers buddy.. I have been flat out for nearly 11 hours trying to get her up and running again.. Think I have a KO'd FC and at leats i BL.

Fortunately Geoff at Quadcopter.co.uk has jumped in and offered to help me out. I went to him and got a couple of replacement arms before I discovered the FC/BL problems.. He has some amazing builds there.. He just finished a DW Octo... man even Crash would have had a hard job to fault his workmanship.. neatest soldering I have seen for sure.. pure.

Unfortunatley I will have to travel to Germany with out me ADX. bummer!

Nex5 is Ok just the 16mm lens can't be recognised by the camera! So the message says.. so in rice till tomorrow..

Cheers DAve

Crash

Defies Psychics
That happened from 7 feet? Why didn't the dome protect the boards?

Any physical damage to the FC? You may have to pull out the multimeter. ;)

Cabe

Doesnt help if you pitch it into the unforgiving embrace of a cast iron statue (or in my case, dexion shelving...) bit everywhere.

Everyone remembers the Pod Race crashes in Star Wars The Phantom Menace..........

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
from the category of "Similar but Different";

I've been planning to start flying competitive RC aerobatics this year and destroyed my practice plane on the second flight of the season last week. Been running late nights this week to get out this morning with the back-up practice plane. The contest plane is almost done and you're going to love it!!!!

Bart

DennyR

Bad luck sir. That's why I make em out of foam board and balsa. I have three and usually only two are serviceable because I too like flying too close. If you make it all yourself then there's no waiting for bits to arrive. been working on part-2 today and the weather is like - Hot.

DennyR

Crash, is that a batman suit your wearing or have you been out scareing old ladys?

Kirk
I have an MK board that does not have any volts going to the pressure sensor, were should I start looking. It is an old board but it works fine as long as you dont need alt. control. As I recall something got shorted out and one of the pins may have touched a 14.8 volt wire somewhere. I remember seeing something on the board glowing for a slit second. I simply changed the board for another one. But today I thought I would try and get it going again. Always need spares!

Crash

Defies Psychics
Crash, is that a batman suit your wearing or have you been out scareing old ladys?

Kirk
I have an MK board that does not have any volts going to the pressure sensor, were should I start looking. It is an old board but it works fine as long as you dont need alt. control. As I recall something got shorted out and one of the pins may have touched a 14.8 volt wire somewhere. I remember seeing something on the board glowing for a slit second. I simply changed the board for another one. But today I thought I would try and get it going again. Always need spares!

Are you sure that you don't have 5V on pin 3 of the sensor? That line would also affect the gyros if it was down.
Maybe you fried the ground trace to the sensor? Check for 5V between pins 2 and 3. And check continuity of 2 to batt ground.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
That happened from 7 feet? Why didn't the dome protect the boards?

Any physical damage to the FC? You may have to pull out the multimeter. ;)

Yo Crash.. it was only 7 foot up but trveling at a fair rate of knots!.. FC goosed (bet the censoring wont recognise that!) and at east two BL's.. do you want me to send you the FC for a CSI type diagnostic? You are more than welcome to it to practice your dark art ;-)

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
All.. when i have recovered from the trauma I will post up the video. IT WAS the best evening of the year and I think the euphoria got the better of me.. anyhow lessons learnt. Me baby is with quadcopter.co.uk for repair while I am in Germany.. Geoff has been a great help in getting me back airborne.. any of you guys in the UK who want a quality build service give quadcopters.co.uk a shout.. I have looked closely at his build and there reet pucker!

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
from the category of "Similar but Different";

I've been planning to start flying competitive RC aerobatics this year and destroyed my practice plane on the second flight of the season last week. Been running late nights this week to get out this morning with the back-up practice plane. The contest plane is almost done and you're going to love it!!!!

Bart

Hey Bart.. hope everything is OK and you can get it up and running soon.. cant wait for the video of our founder flipping and floping his fixed wing with MRF stickers all over his bird!

Dave

ovdt

Sorry to hear your crash Dave :( Every RC pilot will have a crash somehow; so consider it as an expensive experience.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Yo Ovdt.. Il post a crash cost at some point.

Its just one of life's STEEP learning curves. I guess with these flying bricks if out goes wrong its going to cost a lot! If its anyone else's fault you could get annoyed and mad at um but when its your own STUPID fault... well dig deep and dont grumble!

Dave

Kilby

So sorry to see this thread, but I'm sure you will be back in the air in no time.

Good luck!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks Kilby. Actually apart from Barts near miss and Moslows fly away we ain't done bad.
Recon this is the first post from on board the channel tunnel train! Bavaria hear we come!