Does DJI AVL58 work with Diversity monitor

Quinton

I was advised by a reseller that the AVL58 would work with my Diversity monitor I purchased last year, not sure what make it is but its not the black pearl.
I originally used it with the Immersion tx without any problems but can not get it to work with any channel.
Is DJI using some kind of strange channels for their FPV setup to try and keep it in house, if not can anyone recommend a diversity monitor that will work with it?

Quinton

Immersion Frequencies
5470,5760,5780,5800,5820,5840 MHz
AVL58 Frequencies
5705,5685,5665,5645,5885,5905,5925,5945 MHz

No matching frequencies ! No chance of working unless your monitor has switches to swap between frequency sets.

Have a look at http://kopterworx.com/kopterworx-10-1-fpv-32-ch-almighty-lcd-monitor.html

andy

Thanks Andy, I was doing a bit of investigation on this monitor and found a post recently that says.. this monitor will NOT work with HDMI to SD converters.
Which is what I am trying to do to get the picture off the GH4, have you used this monitor?

ZAxis

We've been using the 7 inch version on a GH3/ZenMuse setup and its been fine. Lacking a bit in range but workable. You do hear horror stories of GH4s and HDMI converters but Kopterworx swear their converter will work if substituted for the Zen's built in one. So one could assume it will work with this monitor. We're moving on to the GH4 so have also got to get this sorted for SD along with using a LightBridge setup for HD and all that adds to the pain. Its all down to 50i/50p frame rates as put out by the GH3/4. We're always living in interesting times in this business!

andy

Quinton

I see these monitors are on Ebay for £130, unfortunately from China.
Good luck with the Lightbridge, once mine arrived it went straight back.
I have all the cables here to get the GH4 working which heliguy sent me out this week, unfortunately I can not test for sure until Monday, as my wife cleared off with my GH4 to London for the weekend :)
Works great with the gopro, it was just what everyone else was using a £15 HDMI to AV mini converter, they said they tested and it definitely works. (Getting a small enough HDMI to mini HDMI small/light lead is proving to be the hard part)
Problem is they also sold me the AVL58 assuring me it would work with my Diversity, which it clearly doesn't, its fine when I plug the AVL58 receiver into it, but I would rather have less to worry about, it plugs nicely into the Movi battery using a Y lead JST connection.