Does anybody have problems trying to calibrate the NAZA GPS compass

jackmulti

No matter how many times I do the calibration procedure there is no way I can get the GPS to lock with the GoPro.

Even if the procedure seems to work the return to home does not, even with full satellites.

Does anybody else have this problem.

I hope the calibration works for you.

I have mine on the post. I have seen people just mount it on top of the frame. I have seen them on arms.

Where ever you end up placing it, just make sure you note the location in the GPS setup in the DJI Software.

photobobga

I had a simular issue. After checking the GPS sensor I have it mounted 180 degrees backwards. Big brain fart.... I also read in the manual that when calibrating the aircraft pointing vertically (second 360 spin) you must have the nose pointing down.

Bob

Your question is not very clear, I assume you can calibrate-yes, but you can not get satellite lock with the gopro turned on-yes. The GoPro is a very noisy electronic device turn it off and you should get lock. Wrap the go pro with guitar shielding copper (others might suggest aluminium foil but its not as good) to reduce Emissions. There are templates available for all gopros' do a search.
regards - bruce

jackmulti

Your question is not very clear, I assume you can calibrate-yes, but you can not get satellite lock with the gopro turned on-yes. The GoPro is a very noisy electronic device turn it off and you should get lock. Wrap the go pro with guitar shielding copper (others might suggest aluminium foil but its not as good) to reduce Emissions. There are templates available for all gopros' do a search.
regards - bruce

I managed to calibrate with the GoPro turned off. With it on calibration is possible, but extremely difficult and need to be repeated many times until the right lights come on. But, even with the calibration done the GPS does not work afterwards as the machine just flies in ever larger dangerous circles.

E

Empire Support 2

Jack, you are describing TBE, Toilet Bowl Effect, to cure it, rotate your GPS puck in the direction opposite the direction of the rotation of your multi. It should fix it. I will also emphasis what Robert stated turn off your wifi on the GoPro, it has been implicated in several fly aways. DJI does not recommend that you fly with wifi turned on.

jackmulti

I have a hero 2 so no wifi.... How much do I rotate the sensor? 90 degrees? Just guessing...

I'll try again over the weekend and see what I get. Thanks guys

E

Empire Support 2

Jack, I would start with 5-10 degrees and then go from there. 90 degrees is way too much.

stanleyy

Jack, you are describing TBE, Toilet Bowl Effect, to cure it, rotate your GPS puck in the direction opposite the direction of the rotation of your multi. It should fix it. I will also emphasis what Robert stated turn off your wifi on the GoPro, it has been implicated in several fly aways. DJI does not recommend that you fly with wifi turned on.
not needed in latest Naza firmware.. they have automatic compensation for compass declination.