XAircraft Do I need only the autopilot or i have to get the new GPS too

paktazh

Hi everyone
I got xaircraft v8 with GPS and campus the version one I believe mine is the one before the Autopilot comes to the market so my question is that in order to to fly my copter in autopilot mode Do i have to buy the autopilot only or I have to by the new GPS with it too since the new GPS is bigger

sku_80315_3.jpg
sku_80315_5.jpg

Kilby

Auto pilot replaced the GPS. If you have version 1 hardware, you can only use the GPS, but it doesn't work. That's why they came out with the new autopilot, but they don't support version 1 any longer. Sorry.

paktazh

i got this one that it came with my Xaircraft V8 donot know if it is version one so what u saying that I cannot use my AhrS-s with the auto pilot one and use my GPS ? these are the one that I got
a4284600-202-XAircraft%20GPS-S.jpg

I seen on a site that it says if u have the GPS you only need the auto pilot ?

mr7o4

i got this one that it came with my Xaircraft V8 donot know if it is version one so what u saying that I cannot use my AhrS-s with the auto pilot one and use my GPS ? these are the one that I got [pic] I seen on a site that it says if u have the GPS you only need the auto pilot ?

As far as I've heard the new autopilot module only works with the FC1212-P. Whether or not you can plug your V1 GPS module into it is a good question. What site did you see that you only needed the autopilot module? I'm not sure if you can buy them separately.

paktazh

I seen it online in one of those sites I will post a link to it in the main time does any one know the set up Futaba 10 ch for Xaircraft ?

RTester

Sorry - short question. I have new version of autopilot (GPS). Will it work without compass - or i have to have also compass installed with autopilot.
Thanks

From what I understand, it will work fine without the compass... but if you want the return to home feature and heading lock and all that jazz, you'll need the compass.

RTester

From what I understand, it will work fine without the compass... but if you want the return to home feature and heading lock and all that jazz, you'll need the compass.

OK. thanks. I thought that i have to have it (compass) otherwise Autopilot (GPS) doesn't work properly in general.

I can tell you from experience, that when I bought my GPS/Autopilot, I didn't buy the compass and it flew great. I bought the compass a couple weeks later to have the RTH and heading lock features. Hope this helps!

Deon

I have a 650 v8.
I bought the gps and compass, but these were not compatible with the 1212p. I had contact with china and uk (no names)...they kindly agreed to replace the gps with the autopilot. Of course I paid the price difference!
The original mk 1 compass is compatible with the autopilot, so this does not need to be replaced.
I recommend the autopilot, it works ok.