DJI WKM does not switch back from Fail-Safe

I was trying the Safe-Fail today and noticed the WKM does not switch back from Fail-Safe.

I have a switch set for Fail-Safe and it works perfectly when WKM is connected to computer, when i hit the switch WKM goes to Fail-Safe and when i switch back it goes back on GPS, Atti or manual modes... But in flight does not switch back anymore, it just comes home and lands nicely. Same thing happens if i switch off-on the TX, does not switch back from Fail-Safe.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
That really freaks me out when I hear this. You are not the first to say this. Sure would be nice to rely on ythat feature even in a non emergency. They should also get rid of the 30 second wait before landing. Just come home now!

sharonx

You have to flip back to manual real quick and back to Atti or GPS to take control back.

Small correction (trust me on this I did this alot) - You must switch to atti or normal (better to atti so you won't feel much change) before disabling failsafe. I am sure this caused many confusion at WKM users and I don't see why we can't stay at GPS mode , but thats the situation for now).

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
I always just flip it to manual and back to GPS or Atti. As long as it "see's" Manual you are good to go.

Its been a few weeks since I have been able to play with it so I have to go try it this weekend.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
You have to flip back to manual real quick and back to Atti or GPS to take control back.

I don't have manual set on my switch, only atti, GPS and failsafe. Does that mean I can't take back control when I am in failsafe mode?

Gunter.

DennyR

Gunter
Do you not have a three position switch or did you set 3rd position as failsafe? this is not the right way to do it.
It is covered in the manual but you must enable failsafe in your Tx. first. Otherwise if the Tx signal is lost you can't get a response back from the rx to the controller because you can't select failsafe. And your throttle setting could be out of limits.

Last edited by a moderator:

sharonx

I don't have manual set on my switch, only atti, GPS and failsafe. Does that mean I can't take back control when I am in failsafe mode?

Gunter.

As I said - atti is fine ans much safer /
Flip to atti, exit failsafe and flip back to GPS.
Trust me on this...