DJI Ronin M Price announced. $1399!!!

SamaraMedia

if the is any truth to these rumors it wouldn't surprise me, typical government overreach. Lull you into a false sense of security then slowly implement tougher and confining regulations that will benefit the big dollar corporations and government agencies pushing the little guys into the abyss. In the end the will be able to shut you down if they have "control" of your FC and take you out on the spot if needed. Problem is that no matter how many safe guards they put in place the bad guys will always find away around it cause they have no interest in following laws. If this does come to be a reality it will suck the life out of the industry except for the ones behind these moves and they likely are defense contractors with no experience in the hobby or commercial use. I wonder how this will effect the average "hobbyist" and how they will be able to separate the hobbyist from commercial operators. I hate to think all the time, money and resources I've spent over the last four years will be a total loss. Sorry for the defeatist attitude but I'm running out of patience with all this and serious considering whether or not it's worth investing anymore money into this endeavor.

As a journalist I can't see how any media company could afford to pursue this technology to be integrated into their work flow.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
ok but saying that "in the next few years" is like saying in two to three hundred years as things develop and change so quickly. if it's anything like full scale systems, the may end up being certified systems that compete against each other but then again if the industry develops a high standard of safety then it's hard to justify the great expense that we'd incur by going to certified systems.

the FAA is sensitive to costs for users when they change things. people with a vested interest may be trying to push things in their favor but there's always the possibility that someone else is pushing in another direction.

econfly

I agree with Bart on timing. I assume anything I own that flies is just about worthless in a couple of years the way tech is moving.

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
Jim Williams from the FAA was at the SUAS News Small Biz Expo this week, and spoke candidly about the NPRM and other matters. He answered a lot of questions from the audience, too. See if you can pull up the stream and watch his talk before jumping to any conclusions. His talk was super informative. And he is The Guy (as much as there is a guy) at the FAA.

SamaraMedia

I tend to go off half cocked on these things then settle down to the reality that this is slow moving train. After burning three batteries on my new Tarot X6 and getting the gains dailed in I remember why I started down this road in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The frustration is understandable. It hard to be patient when you know how valuable and safe they can be, but it appears that the powers that be need a few MORE years to figure out what they think.

But as you mention, this train is being piloted by the government, so there is nothing BUT slow.

Typically, the government has 2 speeds...slow and stop :)

maxwelltub

Jim Williams from the FAA was at the SUAS News Small Biz Expo this week, and spoke candidly about the NPRM and other matters. He answered a lot of questions from the audience, too. See if you can pull up the stream and watch his talk before jumping to any conclusions. His talk was super informative. And he is The Guy (as much as there is a guy) at the FAA.

If anyone has a link to this I'd love to watch it, I can only find the one from last year. Not sure if the video is posted yet but when it goes up I'd like to see it

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com

Yea I'd love to hear this as well. The amount of contradictory information coming out of knowledgeable people is almost mind boggling.

I REALLY wish the FAA had a website that had updates about what is actually going on when they happen. I mean how hard could that be?!?!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I REALLY wish the FAA had a website that had updates about what is actually going on when they happen. I mean how hard could that be?!?!

Not hard at all. Once the "lets get an informative website going" subcommittee convenes to determine what to have for lunch at the discussions which be a preliminary for the ACTUAL discussions, followed by a review process.... :)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Not hard at all. Once the "lets get an informative website going" subcommittee convenes to determine what to have for lunch at the discussions which be a preliminary for the ACTUAL discussions, followed by a review process.... :)

View attachment 24496

Attachments

• Like stallone.jpg
    Like stallone.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 177

stevemaller

Heavy Lifter
If anyone has a link to this I'd love to watch it, I can only find the one from last year. Not sure if the video is posted yet but when it goes up I'd like to see it

Jim Williams' talk should start here:
If it doesn't fast forward directly do it, it's about 1:04:00 into the stream.