DJI Releases New Firmware V2.6 for A2

ovdt

A2 with an X8 configuration looses altitude on forward flight. Users are waiting fix on this for a long time; I think gael means this.

Bryharv

what if I dont want to update my A2 firmware? Im trying to change a setting and the A2 app software appears to lock me out if I dont upgrade to the latest firmware.

Is there a workaround?

Apparently the A2 is a "dead" product. Only 5 comments here regarding the new firmware?

what if I dont want to update my A2 firmware? Im trying to change a setting and the A2 app software appears to lock me out if I dont upgrade to the latest firmware.

Is there a workaround?

Apparently the A2 is a "dead" product. Only 5 comments here regarding the new firmware?

=========
I stepped away from MRs for that past year..... but now back at it...... Are you saying the A2 firmware is now optimized such that there are no real problems with the A2 control system or that people are now avoiding this product?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Peter, did you ever send back your A2 GPS puck for upgrade? actually it's not really an upgrade since the original was found to be unuseable.

As I understand it you can only upgrade firmware to a certain point with the old GPS puck and then you're done. unless of course you pay the almost $200 fee to get the new puck, then you can upgrade to the latest version.

mine flies fine with the original puck but not everyone has been that lucky. :(

Glad you mentioned that Bartman...... I never did but recall there was an option to upgrade it. I assumed it had something to do with adding the Glonass sat constellation access on top of USA's GPS...... but now it seems we are talking about a problem with the original....
or???

Bartman

I never heard of a modification, just a swap out for an upgrade/replacement. The puck is sealed shut so it's hard to say with any certainty what is going on in there unless someone cracks one open.

Bartman

i believe they are. :(

$200 or so for a new GPS puck so you can keep using your GPS-included flight control system

Ok, so, just before I through everything 0ut the window:

I have a mismatch firmware between the main controller, witch is 2.0 I believe and the assistant, witch is now 1.8.
Has anybody successfully downloaded the old assistant from http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/A2-Release_History
and been able to run it?For some reason is not working with me.
On the other hand, if someone would be so kind to send me an EXE or ZIP of the previous softwear I would be very greatfull.
New GPS PRO PLUS is running at 470€ here in Spain ;)
Many thanks

Hey Bart,
Thanks for the offer!
I've been digging a bit, If I could get hold of the 1.4 Assistant version then I shouldn't need to do any more changes.
I'm happy with it as is and prefer not take chances with those slippery upgrades ;)
So, if anybody has the 1.4 version of the assistant, please pass it on!
Many thanks

Peter, did you ever send back your A2 GPS puck for upgrade? actually it's not really an upgrade since the original was found to be unuseable.

As I understand it you can only upgrade firmware to a certain point with the old GPS puck and then you're done. unless of course you pay the almost $200 fee to get the new puck, then you can upgrade to the latest version.

mine flies fine with the original puck but not everyone has been that lucky. :(

Yes I did....... installed the GPS Pro Plus and completed the A2 FW upgrade...... then left it all on the bench for over a year...... Full time job in what remains of our Oil and Gas industry became top priority...... Now trying to finish where I left off with this, get it airborne and then sell it......:-(