DJI Released Naza-M Firmware 4.00

Mori55

I've seen some post were the limiting is locking up. Not the height limiting that seems fine. Just the distance.

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Found the upgrade and ran it on my unit, reset everything back to defaults, reprogrammed my settings and took it outside for a few minutes. Seems ok, may need to do an advanced IMU calibration as it seems to have a lean to one side. Could also be down to the wind, will keep you informed but seems ok at this time. Will know more information when I get to test it out properly....

airship

done the upgrade on my naza v1 with x8 setup, yesterday all seems well during one fly test... today i have noticed some problems, while i'm in gps with full satellites the Mr give me a shake on roll axis and after this i have noticed a strange led sequence, i i well remember (after roll shake my heart bump) red-yellow-green-green for two tre times and when i let the multirotor more near me it stop and give the right led sequence for gps status.
any comment or suggestion?

i think the red yellow tell me that there are some compass error and green is about gps status... it is right?
how i can solve this issue?

CRASH

Ok so I did the update to my Naza V2 with Futaba 8FG ran through all the calibrations etc. Went for two early morning flights went as normal. I even tested the failsafe and returned to home as expected. Later that afternoon I went for a third flight and after about 10 seconds in and climbing it started to oscillate wildly and accelerate away. I quickly changed into ATI mode and no change and then into manual and then failsafe. The Multi continued to accelerate erratically away until it crashed heavily. Broke the props and a couple of arms. The Zenmuse is bent slightly but hopefully repairable, the electronics and motors seem ok but have done no testing. This is my first real crash and I am at a loss to explain why. There were a few gusty winds around and It may have got out of control when compensating. The GPS puck was the only cable disconnected from the NAZA in the crash I guess there is a chance it came out during the flight. That feeling in your gut when your expensive investment careens away and crashes is not something I want to experience again

Crasher

I upgraded my DJI 550 with Naza v2 to 4.0 a few days ago. For me it's been a mixed bag. BTW, I'm a very green pilot.

Pros:
1. I can now reliably get in to compass calibration mode. With 3.16 I usually couldn't.
2. Maybe, just maybe, I have more time to get into advanced calibration mode after plugging the battery in before the stupid "too hot you need to cool down" error comes up.

Cons:
1. It got stuck at the Flight Limit spot. I'd set the altitude and distance Flight Limits to 100 meters and forgot about it. Until, that is, I hit the limit and it "seemed" not to respond to my control. I say seemed because it was near a tree line, I was near the end of my battery and I can't eliminate pilot panic as a contributing factor. I resorted to forcing fail-safe by turning my transmitter off. It returned home and I was able regain control and land it.

2. The GPS hold works sporadically. I always fly in GPS mode. Although I flew several batteries worth of flights without issues I've had episodic problems with it failing to hold a hover.

Sometimes the flight starts out with it hovering well but then losing its ability. By losing I mean that it will develop a horizontal drift, sometimes minor but sometimes more rapid.

Other times it has that drift right at takeoff.

I've repeated the compass calibration and advance calibration many times and that hasn't fixed the problem.

The last time I flew it the failure to maintain hold ended with a crash that broke my landing gear so I'm dead in the water till spares come in.

Anyone else experience this? I'm clueless as to what to do.

topshots

F550 with Naza V2, 3 flights so far and no problems, I made sure I re-calibrated everything before the first flight. Only thing I have noticed so far is the aircraft seems a bit more responsive, may have to re-adjust gains.

Also I noticed in the upgrade instructions it said that all settings would be reset, but all my settings remained unchanged after the upgrade, however I did double check everything. I have not tested the new limit settings, think I might just leave them at the max setting for the moment.

Crasher

I upgraded my DJI 550 with Naza v2 to 4.0 a few days ago. For me it's been a mixed bag. BTW, I'm a very green pilot.

...Anyone else experience this? I'm clueless as to what to do.

Found the answer which was my green pilot tunnel vision. After the problem started I focused on compass calibration and Advanced Calibration and never bothered to check the first screen in the Assistant which shows the four control axis. Finally looked and saw that all were off to one side or the other. i.e., Not green! I had to go into my Futaba T8J and adjust them back into the green. It now flies fine!

deluge2

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate result. Since erratic or erroneous GPS inputs are often blamed for crashes and other significant flight irregularities, perhaps the GPS connector was losening during the last flight and confused the FC with inconsistent inputs, though as you note the GPS cable might have come loose upon inpact. I guess it's little comfort that you definitely took all the appropriate steps to restore control once things began to go wrong. Please provide an update if you learn more about what happened.

Thanks,
Steve

CRASH

Ok so I did the update to my Naza V2 with Futaba 8FG ran through all the calibrations etc. Went for two early morning flights went as normal. I even tested the failsafe and returned to home as expected. Later that afternoon I went for a third flight and after about 10 seconds in and climbing it started to oscillate wildly and accelerate away. I quickly changed into ATI mode and no change and then into manual and then failsafe. The Multi continued to accelerate erratically away until it crashed heavily. Broke the props and a couple of arms. The Zenmuse is bent slightly but hopefully repairable, the electronics and motors seem ok but have done no testing. This is my first real crash and I am at a loss to explain why. There were a few gusty winds around and It may have got out of control when compensating. The GPS puck was the only cable disconnected from the NAZA in the crash I guess there is a chance it came out during the flight. That feeling in your gut when your expensive investment careens away and crashes is not something I want to experience again

Sorry to hear about this unfortunate result. Since erratic or erroneous GPS inputs are often blamed for crashes and other significant flight irregularities, perhaps the GPS connector was losening during the last flight and confused the FC with inconsistent inputs, though as you note the GPS cable might have come loose upon inpact. I guess it's little comfort that you definitely took all the appropriate steps to restore control once things began to go wrong. Please provide an update if you learn more about what happened.

Thanks,
Steve

I hade a problem a couple of weeks ago, when GPS cable was a little lose in PMU. Wiieeeerd behavior, almost a crash.

cappy2449

upgraded to 4.0 with naza v1....everything seemed ok...until i tried RTH and it landed at least 20 feet from my home point where i armed the motors...wondering if anyone else has this happening...maybe i should recalibrate...this is on a f450

rwilabee

I flew my f450 today. Took off from the line in the middle of our RC Runway and it landed itself right on the line. Normally it misses by a foot or two.
Naza V1 with 4.0

Rich

upgraded to 4.0 with naza v1....everything seemed ok...until i tried RTH and it landed at least 20 feet from my home point where i armed the motors...wondering if anyone else has this happening...maybe i should recalibrate...this is on a f450