DJI Naza-m Lite, flips to the same side on take off

drewj

Hi,

I put together a Quanum Venture FPV with DJI NAZA-M Lite from hobby king, I have been trying to get it to fly for weeks. I have gone through 4 sets of propellers (currently on carbon as they don't snap.). I have been over all the FAQs fault finding, forums etc.. tried all the advice others have had but every time it flips on take off no matter what mode its in.

The GPS signal is bad in my garden I can 2 red then an orange light on standard Att mode. When I throttle up it starts to lift on one side, if I give it more it flips. I have calibrated the compass many times the software is not reporting any issues. All motors are spinning in the correct direction and props on the correct way.

Can somebody help please??

rilot

Are you absolutely certain that the props and motors are on the right way? What you describe is classic symptoms of a motor running backwards or a prop on the wrong way round.

drewj

Yep, I have checked, checked, checked and checked again. Its so frustrating. All the motors spin in the correct direction according to the DJI NAZA M lite software on a quad with my setup. M1 CW, M2 CCW, M3 CCW, M4 CW. Props are all on the correct way matching these CW props have the air scoop pointing the CW direction. Is it possible that the gyroscope could be faulty, I did the hand test and held the quad while the motors span, I could hear the motors change speed when I tilted the quad, I was convinced the resistance was not in the correct way.

Also it seems to take a lot of acceleration to get it to start to lift at least 50% (that's 3 quarters up on the control stick)

Last edited by a moderator:

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Also check that the motors are attached to the right port in the Naza. It does not help that the motor turns the right way if the FC think it sits on the other side.

drewj

Also check that the motors are attached to the right port in the Naza. It does not help that the motor turns the right way if the FC think it sits on the other side.

I will double check again when I get back, I have a feeling that because the controller is sat on the bottom of the frame (with the top stuck to the frame) that I may have it backwards. I did take it off last night and check, but I may be confusing the port. Anything else to test for if this is still correct?

Thanks for your help

drewj

So I have checked over and over and they are defiantly plugged in the right holes. But it does correct with the wrong motors, so I wonder if I should swap the ports over?

drewj

its almost like its correct with the 2 motors from opposite corners. one of them is defiantly right but either the other is underpowered or its taking the other corner motor.

drewj

Ok, so I just took it apart bit by bit, put it back together and reset it up and it works! horahhhhh thanks for the help

drewj

Ok so it takes off now but drifts in all sorts of directions and doesn't stay very stable. It will hover but usually at a slight drift