Dji Naza-M controller USB connection problem

Manuel

This is my first post, I will start out by saying that I am impressed with the forum.

I've been through all pages on Google dealing with the issue and there was nothing that could help. Most problems refarer to diver problems, but I'm almost sure it is not my problem.But here's my problem that I hope someone has some inputs to solve.
Here is the case:
Just bought a Dji Naza-M new. I can not get computer USB connection. It seems that just as it is turned on is in Failsafe mode. I'm sure I installed the right Divers (DJI_WIN8_Driver) and have also tried to resetting it by connecting F1 to F2 signal output. No reaction. I've tried different USB cables and also Windows 8 and Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a little video, it is not good, but shows the problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7VWut1dwj4

He's Dead, Jim?

If anyone could help me I would be very happy and flying!! I would be so grateful.I am just about to send it back to the dealer in China, so it will be quite expensive when you live in Denmark and take long to get it back, if I get it back.. I do not make the same mistake again.

Manuel

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Try another USB port on your PC.

Uninstall the driver and re-install.

Have a look under your device drivers in your system settings to confirm that the driver is loaded. If it does not show up like in the image I have uploaded your driver is not installed correctly.

Cheers

Pete

attachment.php

Attachments

• DJI-Driver.jpg
    DJI-Driver.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 793

Manuel

It was the very first thing I tried, but the computer can not even recognize an unknown device when I put it into the USB port. There is nothing that pops up in device manager.
I also tried to install and uninstall the drivers and numerous USB ports.

And all this on two different PCs - Win7 (64bit) and Win8 (64bit).

TAPPEDOUT

Win 7 and below has driver, and Win 8 has its own driver. I used on Win 7, and now Win 8 on same computer and never had problem. Remove unknown USB devices and download correct driver, and install before plugging it in. NAZA needs be powered up connected to transmitter too.

Manuel

Yes, I know that there must be an Unknown device if everything work properly,
the problem is just that there is no response from the PC. It seems as if it is completely dead on the USB side. Have tried many different USB ports and cables. Neither an Unknown device or a Naza.

The picture before I put it into the USB connector.
View attachment 11865

The other picture is after I've put it into the USB port.
It has not added any devices.
View attachment 11865

Here is my video of the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7VWut1dwj4

Attachments

• 19-05-2013 17-45-33.jpg
    19-05-2013 17-45-33.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 522

Manuel

Here is my setup of my unit. LED is connected to X3 and LED. It turns orange after three times flashing green. No response to the PC connection, either before or after the green flashes.
View attachment 11866

Attachments

• dk1010646565_f1e02538-0ed2-49f5-96d0-7c8923165fae.jpg
    dk1010646565_f1e02538-0ed2-49f5-96d0-7c8923165fae.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 537

TAPPEDOUT

I don't know for sure but think you may need everything wired up and bound to transmitter. LED should be solid green when connected to USB. Try USB ports with Flash Memory Key or something to be certain they work. They can go bad and rest computer work. Sometimes plugging different than intended device can get port to see new device.

Manuel

I just put a USB key to the USB drive. There is no problem to open it.

I also tried not to have the receiver on my Naza, but it does not make any difference.

TAPPEDOUT

Naza has a red LED within the case, under top case. I did not see it lit in video. Maybe power off a pin or PMU not output power.

TAPPEDOUT

So you did download and install the correct USB driver for your OS?
This is separate from NAZA Assistant software.
Not saying you not know what doing.
I will look my Win 8 laptop and see if shows in Device Manager before plugging it in.

TAPPEDOUT

Don't know where shows up in device manager, with or without Naza. I here beep tone when Naza connected and disconnected.
To bad no one local with NAZA to help you.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you have the VU and Naza connected correctly and power up and the LED does not go green and no USB connection then either you cable is faulty or your VU is faulty.

VU's are cheap to buy a spare if you cannot borrow one but first try another USB cable.

Pete

Manuel

So you did download and install the correct USB driver for your OS?
This is separate from NAZA Assistant software.
Not saying you not know what doing.
I will look my Win 8 laptop and see if shows in Device Manager before plugging it in.

I have installed the correct driver, and the same for all the PCs I've tested

Manuel

Don't know where shows up in device manager, with or without Naza. I here beep tone when Naza connected and disconnected.
To bad no one local with NAZA to help you.

yes, there are not many flying with that type of aircraft in Denmark. It would be much better to just try and change the different parts and see when it works. That can get expensive without borrowing one that works.

Manuel

If you have the VU and Naza connected correctly and power up and the LED does not go green and no USB connection then either you cable is faulty or your VU is faulty.

VU's are cheap to buy a spare if you cannot borrow one but first try another USB cable.

Pete

I face a dilemma there because I only have 10 days before the seller gets his money and in that time he must either get it back or I need to find a solution. I would much rather buy a new VU, but since there are no dealers in Denmark it will take more than 10 days to get. So I think now that I'm sending it back. Unless there is a person in Denmark that I can borrow a VU that I can try.