DJI F550 which replacement props?

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Wow, those props are great!!! $150. for all six is a little pricy, but they look great.

Tell, which do you find more stable 8" or 10" props?

I will let you know what those props are like.. I just order 10 pairs... backup in case..:)

I will only need 4-5 pairs.. for Hexa.. so I may want to get rid of the others. If you are planning on getting some, hit me up.. I will have mine shortly. I will also do a video on same Hexa test with the DJI 8", DJI 10", these I just purchase... I may get a 8x5 graupner e-prop to test too. Soon as I do, I will video it for some inputs.

Does anyone have a video of their best way to balance props? I would be interesting to see all the methods/tools.

KS

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I'll show you a pic of my prop and motor balancing set up soon. My buddy is borrowing my stuff for the next night or two.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Tried the Graupners

The bird seems to run a little quieter with the Graupners but requires just a little more throttle. On my old 3s 5000mHh batteries I get about 8 min to 10.4V. I think this is a result of my batteries being kind of old and having many cycles. I will try 4s soon and see if I can get more time.

The props do seem to be a little more stable too. Does anyone think that 8+ mins seems a little bit of short flight time with the F550 ARF?

I get 8-10mins with the standard DJI plastic 8" with 4s 4000mah. When it lands, I check my volt and get about 3.89v. I tried once going down to 3.68.. but I think I messed up that pack now.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Wow,

That seems very short to me. I'm getting that kind of time with my F550 now. I'm hopping for longer if I go to a 4s.
BTW, do you mean 3.89 vollts left in the pack? My low voltage is at 10.3 and I consider that quite low. 9 volts would be near dead for my 3s. I didn't think you could run a flight pack that low and still fly. Can you really run a 4s that low? I'm trying to get 15 to 20 min flight time if I can.

@ Explororcam,

yes, 3.89v per cell.. have 4 cell so that is about 15.56. I believe you only get longer run's with you increase your mah, not Cell Counts. Increasing cell outs from 3s to 4s will essentially allow your ESC/Motors to be able to pull more if needed and not run the battery hot (strain the battery). That is where the C counts comes in.

Some times, you can effect the battery temp by the flight pattern.. If you hover, all the ESC is pulling power at the same time thus putting a combine draw higher on the battery.

Have you tried to parallel your batteries to possibly extend your flight time? I have on my 4000mah, but I was concern about the motor/esc heat.

I'm getting a stock F550 with a WK-M and will be test flying it shortly. I would like to use a 4s 5000mah on this machine. I read somewhere that for a 4s NOT to use the 10inch props but I saw/read a lot of people here are using a 10inch prop with a 4s without any problem.
so guys vetrans please advice me as to what prop do i use for my testing? For now i'm going to use the DJI props and am looking to order the Graupner props very soon. so would like to know what graupner props should i order for my stock F500?
Please note for now i'll not be using any camera/camera mount or anything on this for now for testing, but later i want to use a good camera mount and a gopro or gopro like sony camera.
Hence want to know what graupner props should i order for my stock F550 and 4s setup.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adarsh

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
I'm getting a stock F550 with a WK-M and will be test flying it shortly. I would like to use a 4s 5000mah on this machine. I read somewhere that for a 4s NOT to use the 10inch props but I saw/read a lot of people here are using a 10inch prop with a 4s without any problem.

I'm wondering the same thing as you, can I use 10" props with 4s Graupners.

I'm really new to the DJI stuff, so here it goes with my very, VERY limited experience. Since I put 10x5 Graupners on my F550 it is now so lite for the props that it suddenly ascends when I switch into Attitude/GPS hold. I believe this means the props are very efficient. I will have to adjust my Throttle-curve to get it to stop doing this and I'm going to try running 2 batteries in parallel. The other thing I noticed is the machine runs much quieter with the Graupners. Balancing was fairly easy and as a result my machine is vibrations free.

ksrimoungchanh posted this link to these Graupner like props earlier; I forgot but I had seen them at the Toledo Show last spring and held them. These props have the same look and pitch as the Graupners but are way, WAY, stiffer. You could use it as a knife it's so stiff.

Hope this helps.

Billzilla

I'm wondering the same thing as you, can I use 10" props with 4s Graupners.

That's what I've been using for months now, they seem to work fine to me. The motors aren't hot after landing and I found I get a good 10% - 20% more flight time that if I use 8" props.