DJI F550 Hexa Gains

ROVguy

Hey guys, my hexa was up and running and flying with the AeroXcraft landing gear and go pro gimbal. I've just changed from 8" to 10" props and from 4S 5000 mah to 3S 5500mah lipos. My all in weight is 2300g with GP2 and FPV. I'm not sure what to set the gains at. Are there any recommendations? I'm currently set at basic - 160, 160, 160, 180
Attit - 100, 100

However, I've not flown with these settings. During a quick test indoors the hexa is just stirring off the floor in manual mode at around 50% thrust, I'd prefer that it lift off at 40-45%

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Bump them up about 1/2 way toward the S800 settings then leave one Tx analog dial configured to fine tune gain in the Basic Gain in the air (pitch and roll only). Leave Attitude gain alone until basic gain is close to what you want within 90 to 95% of your target tuning. Close the last 5% gap with attitude if you really need it.

See Jon DesJardin's or other's Youtube videos on tuning MR in the air. Remember that basic gain is equivalent to proportional gain.... and attitude gain is equivalent to integral or reset gain in conventional PID loop control jargon. You won't have an option to adjust derivative gain in the NAZA which is just as well... it can create more problems than it is worth.

Hey guys, my hexa was up and running and flying with the AeroXcraft landing gear and go pro gimbal. I've just changed from 8" to 10" props and from 4S 5000 mah to 3S 5500mah lipos. My all in weight is 2300g with GP2 and FPV. I'm not sure what to set the gains at. Are there any recommendations? I'm currently set at basic - 160, 160, 160, 180
Attit - 100, 100

However, I've not flown with these settings. During a quick test indoors the hexa is just stirring off the floor in manual mode at around 50% thrust, I'd prefer that it lift off at 40-45%

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I don't think manual mode won't tell you anything as manual mode only uses the gyro stabilization and it is a ***** to control in manual unless you have used it a lot.

Attit - 100, 100

ROVguy

Thanks for that, I never fly manual if honest, Im not that confident in my flying ability lol. I generally fly GPS. However, when it comes to setting up gains etc, I was under the impression that to have a good idea when things are sort of right, you go into manual mode and slowly increase throttle. If it starts taking off at 50% then things are ok. My understanding may be a bit wrong on this point. To be honest Id rather the hexa was taking off before the 50% mark. What gain setting can I use to adjust the available take off thrust? I assumed it was the Vertical Gain, but thinking about it Im wondering if the Gains are for just when the Hexa is in Autopilot?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
You may find the following to be quite interesting with respect to gain and rate control for Multicopters. http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...ng++Multirotor including a video etc.
PID loop tuning is very common to our industry. DJI and others try to make it simple....BUT!!!

Thanks for that, I never fly manual if honest, Im not that confident in my flying ability lol. I generally fly GPS. However, when it comes to setting up gains etc, I was under the impression that to have a good idea when things are sort of right, you go into manual mode and slowly increase throttle. If it starts taking off at 50% then things are ok. My understanding may be a bit wrong on this point. To be honest Id rather the hexa was taking off before the 50% mark. What gain setting can I use to adjust the available take off thrust? I assumed it was the Vertical Gain, but thinking about it Im wondering if the Gains are for just when the Hexa is in Autopilot?