DJI ESC's

rwilabee

That is what I'm also using on my DJI 450 with the Naza and I have been happy with them. They should work ok with my Hex and my WKM.

Rich

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hey Ken...

Do most of the guys prefer the 3.5mm or 4 mm motor connectors.

Thanks
Rich

For the bigger multis I use 3.5, on some of my little stuff I use 2mm to keep the weight down. I think 4mm vs 3.5 comes down to personal choice, there isn't that much difference between them but depending on how you run the wires it may come down to a matter of available space, like running the wires inside a boom. The best way to do it just solder the wires together and then you don't have to worry about problems with the connectors but it does make servicing a bit more difficult.

Ken

rwilabee

I think I'll just solder them. I like that idea. I'll get the motors going in the correct direction and then solder them.

Rich

For the bigger multis I use 3.5, on some of my little stuff I use 2mm to keep the weight down. I think 4mm vs 3.5 comes down to personal choice, there isn't that much difference between them but depending on how you run the wires it may come down to a matter of available space, like running the wires inside a boom. The best way to do it just solder the wires together and then you don't have to worry about problems with the connectors but it does make servicing a bit more difficult.

Ken

I want to buy ESC hobbywing pentium 18A for NAZA.
Should I buy program card for it? Or basic settings are enough for naza?
If no - what settings should I change?
sry for stupid questions=) I would appreciate any advice.

Dewster

I know this is late. I have DJI 30a ESCs. I like that I don't have to program them. They work fine for my Avroto 2814/11s and the weight that I'm carrying. Plus they have the 3.5mm connectors on them.

PaNt

Guys you that you are working with the HW FUnFLy 30 how are they???

Have you ever had a cutoff or something?

DJIFlyer

DJI ESC is a Hobbywing, just one that's built to their specs with the programming settings already done. There's nothing magical or special about them other than they cost 2X as much as a Hobbywing and there's no BEC so you get even less for twice as much.

Ken

I have a DJI Naza and F450 frame that came as a kit with the motors, ESC's, etc. I just replaced one of my Opto 30 Amp ESC's with the same ones that come with the Naza F450 kit but now I can't get this thing to fly smoothly. It used to be that when I powered up the multi all of the motors would make there "power up" chime pretty much in unison. Now when I power up it seems that three of the motors do it in unison and the one with the new ESC is lagging a second behind which makes me wonder if it is not synced up in the same way as the others. Is there a way to set the throttle points for these ESC's as people do with other ESC's and if so can anyone advise me on how to do this? My Naza used to fly so sweet but now its jerks around even though I have tried everything with different gain setting.