DJI esc's 12a - what are some good motor suggestions

jhardway

I have a Xaircraft X650 and I am in the midst of upgrading the esc's to work with my new wk-m flight controller, at the same time I am looking at new motors to increase my lift capabilities.
As I have been looking around I have come across the MK3638 motors. Since I do not have a great understanding from the technical side yet, does anyone know if these motors would work with these ESC's.

I am also looking for any general information that would be considered a good upgrade motor that would work with these ESC's.

thank you for you time

Jack

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I have a Xaircraft X650 and I am in the midst of upgrading the esc's to work with my new wk-m flight controller, at the same time I am looking at new motors to increase my lift capabilities.
As I have been looking around I have come across the MK3638 motors. Since I do not have a great understanding from the technical side yet, does anyone know if these motors would work with these ESC's.

I am also looking for any general information that would be considered a good upgrade motor that would work with these ESC's.

thank you for you time

Jack

No, those motors should have a 30amp ESC, the 12amp DJI ESC is useless for just about any heavy lift requirement as the motors used will typically need a 30 amp or higher ESC. Even my lightweight quad needs a minimum 18amp ESC for the 925kv Flycam motors it uses. I don't see many areas a DJI Wookong controller would be used where a 12amp ESC would be appropriate as the motors that will operate safely on them will not be capable of lifting much payload, a quad with a GoPro on a fixed mount would probably be the limit.

You need to have an understanding of the overall weight of the multi with payload before you can even begin to determine the correct motor, it is better to size the motor appropriately to the load it will be lifting then choose an ESC that will fit the motor rather than choose a motor to fit an ESC and find out it won't do the job afterward.

Ken

No. Those motors are capable drawing more than 12 amps. You can use this "http://www.ecalc.ch/xcoptercalc_e.htm?ecalc" site to answer all your questions.
If you are considering those esc just for the advertised specs you can look here as well. "http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1513678"