DJI E800 Tuned Propulsion System issues..

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
Hi all,
I just finished a hex build using the E800 system from DJI. First off these are the most quiet motors ever!
Now for the problem.. Power it on ESC's sound off, all esc led's good, take off, fly's awesome. Now the problem. Once I land if the flight battery is swapped out, or even just unplugged then re plugged, I get an esc error tone, sometimes on #6 sometimes #4 and that motor will not start. It was also doing a really odd thing 50% of the time it has the ESC error my landing gear would go into retract the minute I plug in the battery wtf? have to grab it quick before it puts the camera into the ground.. flip my gear switch which now makes it backwards. So then I have to switch off the TX, put the gear switch in the correct position and try again. after two or 3 or 4 tries, it just starts up and fly's fine, I've checked all wiring and solder connections all are good. this is with a Naza V2 FC any ideas?
Thanks!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Is your gear switch reversed? I think the retracts have a FS where if it is reversed the gear won't go up on boot up and then you have to cycle the switch later to get them to rise.

In regard to the motors, if you can gently open up your Naza and check to see if all the internal pins are soldiered. That sounds like it may have a lose soldier joint or two.

AirShooter

FlyCam UAV
Thanks for the advice but thats not it, already checked the Naza it's a unit thats been working fine for over a year.
The odd thing is, I think these ESC's make a ton of RF noise which you can see on the fpv monitor. I have an exact mate to this copter with the E600 system, zero problems. Now what I hate is the last 3 flights, the problem is gone, and since I don't know what fixed it, it bugs me. I did wrap the retract controller in copper shielding and that solved the retract issue (i think)