DJI connection with futaba

paktazh

Can some one tell me which pin is negative and which one is positive in Futaba R6014 since it does not say any thing in the receiver itself just want to make sure I connected the right connector
donot want any explosion lol

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Servo signal goes on top than red than back. So white or yellow from the top of the box. Futuba stuff you can orientate yourself with the little extra notch the servos plugs or sockets have. So the first wire closest to the notch i the servos signal .

Receiver-R6014-HS-2-4-GHZ-RF1059_b_0.JPG

Boris

paktazh

Ok since i want to connect the DJI WKM and it comes with orange red and brown so orange goes to the top pin of the futaba as will a the top pin of DJI WKM am I right ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp always were the notch is the yellow orange white (color for servo signal ) cable comes on the futaba or WKM mc.

Boris

steph280

I went with a SBUS receiver and never looked back. 1/4 the size compared to 6014, and only 1 wire to connect.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
futl7665.jpg
futl7668.jpg

Does one of you know it there any range difference between these two receivers. I got the info somewhere but can't find it anymore that the R6203SB is for park flying so i didn't want to use it after i bought it.

Boris

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
futl7665.jpg
futl7668.jpg

Does one of you know it there any range difference between these two receivers. I got the info somewhere but can't find it anymore that the R6203SB is for park flying so i didn't want to use it after i bought it.

Boris

Hi Boris,

The R6203SB is a full range RX featuring the standard dual coaxial antennas

R6203SB 2.4GHz FASST™ S.Bus Receiver
The new R6203SB marks the third S.Bus capable receiver released by Futaba to date. The first two being the R6108SB and R6208SB High Voltage. The good news is this new smaller RX does not lose much compared to it’s 8ch siblings. The R6203SB is a full range RX featuring the standard dual coaxial antennas. The key feature is the form factor, only 22×37x9mm in size. This RX features 3 normal PWM channels and one S.Bus connection. As with all other S.Bus RX this one connection allows you to connection up to 18 (16+2) servos. Last but not least, the “2″ in the part number signifies this RX is also capable of 8.4V power systems (i.e. direct 2S LiPo).

steph280

Here is a photo of my install with Futaba 6202SBW receiver. Notice there is only one wire between the receiver and the MC. This receiver is similar to the R6203SB, except it has two SBUS ports instead of one. I've been using these on my helicopters with great success.

View attachment 4066

Attachments

• IMG_3063.jpg
    IMG_3063.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 317

elorest

I have the dji naza with the futaba R6208SB receiver. What cable do I need to connect the receiver to the naza with sbus/dbus. All I have is a weird wire with 3 ends and a switch in the middle. I bought the receiver with the 8FGs transmitter. I'm relatively new to the rc world so any advice would be most appreciated.

steph280

Just a standard male to male servo wire. Not all hobby shops have them, but if you are handy with soldering iron, just buy two male leads and solder them together.

paktazh

Here is a photo of my install with Futaba 6202SBW receiver. Notice there is only one wire between the receiver and the MC. This receiver is similar to the R6203SB, except it has two SBUS ports instead of one. I've been using these on my helicopters with great success.

View attachment 5604

hi isn't the IMU suppose to go to to connected to the first one from the end according to the DJi manual ?
thans

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
elorest, no it isn't a special cable for subs, just a standard servo cable, three wire black red yellow/white.

Patkazh, the components of the WKM are connected to each other via can bus. It docent matter were are how they are connected as long as they a in the can bus change.

Boris

S-bus is the way to go.. the 3ch s-bus receiver is cheap. Simple wiring and no need for anything larger.

Silas

mitsaras

How about the FR-Sky receivers? are any of them (TFRSP, TFR8SB) fully s-bus compatible? They are about half the price of the Futaba R6203SB - although i don't want to risk my quad to save 20-30$....

Don't have any experiance with these.. the R6203SB is about $70 in the US.. Don't want to save a few $$ and loss even more $$.. I set of Graupner blades will cost more than "money saved" assuming no other damaged to the machine. After the crash, most likely will still need to buy a R6203SB anyway... :-o)

elorest

Thats cool to know about the 3 chan working fine. The 8 channel came with my transmitter but for future projects this is a great idea. Also mitsaras it looks like FR-Sky TFR8SB receiver is sbus compatible. While I wouldn't want to trust it to keep $2-3k in the air its nice to have options for smaller projects.