DJI A2 PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY (New firmware may change my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So now I am back at home in the comfort of my workshop. Just upgraded iPad to latest DJI Assistant and all is good - WELL except the LED did not flash the communication light, but it still registered the new A2 and allowed me to do pretty much everything.

iPhone upgrading not will test. Getting everything ready for flight testing tomorrow.

Dave

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
That rain was unusual in good ol' blighty! :tennis: It's blowing a storm here! (I guess I should have quoted Carapau's post)

Edit: Looks like we posted at the same time! One good thing about the rain, we get to spend lots of time on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier

So now I am back at home in the comfort of my workshop. Just upgraded iPad to latest DJI Assistant and all is good - WELL except the LED did not flash the communication light, but it still registered the new A2 and allowed me to do pretty much everything.

iPhone upgrading not will test. Getting everything ready for flight testing tomorrow.

Dave

Looking forward to your results Dave, as well as those from other users. I'm still waiting for the parts to fix my hexa which crashed because of the A2. I also ordered the D-Bus adapter because I don't trust using the A2 as a receiver. I'm not too convinced yet on using the A2 again, but once I get everything fixed I'll decide. Using the D-Bus and the new firmware I might give it another try if other people seem to be having good results. Keep us informed!
It's been REALLY windy for the last 3 weeks or so here, so I don't know when I'll be able to do any testing once I get it fixed.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So after a full day faffing and testing is the A2 fir for purpose? SO FAR after the V2.1 FW upgrade it seems 100% better is so may ways.
Better flight characteristics
Smoother GPS tradition
Smoother return to home/ failsafe
AND FOR ME
The S-BUS now recognises the loss of TX and sends the unit to failsafe mode WHOOPY!

Will I put it though CAA approvals.... NO NO NO. Not yet.

I need to now have lots of time tuning and flying the two machines I have and the another in the AV stable to hopefully be ready for when my permissions are ready for renewal then I may be able to pout them through with confidence

V2.1 RECOMMENDED FOR SURE.

More testing required.

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Well day two testing after being away again.

PROBLEMS

Unexplained blue lights flashing 20 times indicating new point of interest even though It is NOT enabled
Unexplained loss of control causing me to ditch it in the bloody brambles!
Unable to get satellites even though my Garmin was showing 10 needed to reboot system then bingo almost instant lock.
Very lazy GPS grab, totally opposite to how it was.

I have videoed it all but really cant be bothered with the bloody thing. Ill just chuck it back in the cupboard until there is another firmware release.

OR does any one want some cheap A2's Ill quite happily take a beating on them!

Ill eamail DJI AGAIN But guess I wont get anywhere

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.