DJI 450 with Naza lite does weight make a difference in stability

bensid54

I read the article and it was a long read with some interesting points. In the application I have I believe the low CG will help with stability because I'm looking more at it's stability during hover as opposed to agility in flight. I only travel quickly when moving from one location to another with very little side to side movement so I think a low CG in my case may be useful because I normally take time to slow down and accelerate. Now if I was flying a 250 around obstacles quickly then the location of the batteries in the picture would be ideal for that type of flight because a stable hover isn't as critical but changing the angle of the craft in flight is. So I will hopefully try craft the today and see where the stability is in the new configuration because there is a good breeze out and this will be a good time to test out the theory, I'll take pictures of it to show you the changes I've made

bensid54

This is how the batteries are now, it flies the same, is more stable in wind and descends without the bad rocking side to side, a very large improvement by hanging the batteries underneath.

Attachments

• Quad batteries slung under Apr. 26 2015 001.JPG
    Quad batteries slung under Apr. 26 2015 001.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 231
  • Quad batteries slung under Apr. 26 2015 002.JPG
    Quad batteries slung under Apr. 26 2015 002.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 229