Dji 2.4G Data Link Lk24-BT Help with window 8.1 Driver

Zaidy

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a problem with Dji 2.4G Data Link Lk24-BT. I am unable to locate or install a driver that works to allow the ground station to communicate with the UAS. For some reason windows dose not and can not find the driver for this module. I have reinstalled cd that came with module but its a no go, meaning everything installs and works on a second unit I have but not the one in question (Dji 2.4G Data Link Lk24-BT)!
Has anybody encountered this problem ? Can someone direct me to a window 8 or 8.1 driver ?

Many thanks in advance..

Zaidy

Zaidy

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a problem with Dji 2.4G Data Link Lk24-BT. I am unable to locate or install a driver that works to allow the ground station to communicate with the UAS. For some reason windows dose not and can not find the driver for this module. I have reinstalled cd that came with module but its a no go, meaning everything installs and works on a second unit I have but not the one in question (Dji 2.4G Data Link Lk24-BT)!
Has anybody encountered this problem ? Can someone direct me to a window 8 or 8.1 driver ?

Many thanks in advance..

Zaidy
Any suggestions / ideas ?

Gerthart

I vaguely remember how I got around to installing the driver. It did give me some problems when I followed the onscreen instructions. Giving up on that, I tried to update the driver manually through the device manager and browsing for the driver on my c:\ drive. It found it knowing that the .exe driver I ran beforehand must have dropped the driver somewhere on my hard drive and installed just fine. Let me know if you figure it out. If not, I'll replicate it with screen shots on a fresh 8.1 install.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaidy

I vaguely remember how I got around to installing the driver. It did give me some problems when I followed the onscreen instructions. Giving up on that, I tried to update the driver manually through the device manager and browsing for the driver on my c:\ drive. It found it knowing that the .exe driver I ran beforehand must have dropped the driver somewhere on my hard drive and installed just fine. Let me know if you figure it out. If not, I'll replicate it with screen shots on a fresh 8.1 install.

Hey Gerthart, many thanks for your reply. I am still having problems with that driver for the BT Data link and would be grateful if you could replicate the screen shot.

Gerthart

Here is a fresh installation experience on win 8.1:

- I installed the latest A2 Assistant Software v1.2
- I proceeded to run the DJI WIN8 Driver Installer as administrator by right clicking on the file and selecting "Run as administrator" <see screenshot below>
View attachment 15659

- Followed the standard prompts until it completes the installation. I kept all the screenshots of that but it isn't useful, so I did not upload all of the pics. Here are the last two dialogues you should encounter <see screenshots below>

View attachment 15660View attachment 15661

- Once I clicked on finished, the screen clears. I unplugged the USB and replugged it back in after 10 seconds.

- Opened up the A2 assistant software and it recognized it without additional steps.

If you can't get it to work, run this command on your computer

devmgmt.msc

That will bring up your device manager and look for anything that has an exclamation point over it (!) indicating a non functioning device. I don't know what it would say but hopefully it signifies a DJI system. If you find it, double click the device and it will open up a prompt. Select the "Driver" tab. Select update or install driver. A window will pop up asking where the driver files are. Type c:\ and click ok. that will look for the driver in your entire C drive (assuming you only have one hard drive and one partition on your computer). Once it finds it, it will be very apparent and you can click next to proceed or finish to finalize the installation.

Hopefully this gets you going!

Attachments

• 2014-01-15 22_46_52-.jpg
    2014-01-15 22_46_52-.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 536
  • 2014-01-15 22_52_45-Device Driver Installation Wizard.jpg
    2014-01-15 22_52_45-Device Driver Installation Wizard.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 2014-01-15 22_53_04-Setup - DJI driver.jpg
    2014-01-15 22_53_04-Setup - DJI driver.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 339

Zaidy

Hi Gerthart, many thanks for your reply, will give this a try again. I have done it more than once, the installation process alway detect a drive in the system, so it uninstall the drive and reinstall from the DJI CD. With the same result.

Kind Regards
Zaidy

nickedw

RPQ-S qualified
Hi Zaidy, stupid question I know, but you are plugging this in via USB aren't you? I foolishly expected to be able to connect a PC via Bluetooth to the datalink module, just like you can with an iPad. indecently dji, why can't you do this? I suspect it's the same reason you can't set POI with GS, save altitude and heading, create your own template, read the manual that doesn't exist etc.etc.

Nick

Zaidy

Hi Zaidy, stupid question I know, but you are plugging this in via USB aren't you? I foolishly expected to be able to connect a PC via Bluetooth to the datalink module, just like you can with an iPad. indecently dji, why can't you do this? I suspect it's the same reason you can't set POI with GS, save altitude and heading, create your own template, read the manual that doesn't exist etc.etc.

Nick

Hi Nick

LOL, Yes I am trying to get it connected via the USB. I am not interested in the BT side of things another weak link in the chain if you ask me !!! I still haven't been able to get that unit to work its driving me mad! Yet the older design without BT is fully working...

Gerthart

Hi Gerthart, many thanks for your reply, will give this a try again. I have done it more than once, the installation process alway detect a drive in the system, so it uninstall the drive and reinstall from the DJI CD. With the same result.

Kind Regards
Zaidy

You mentioned that you are using the CD? I would download the latest version from DJI site and give that a go.

Zaidy

You mentioned that you are using the CD? I would download the latest version from DJI site and give that a go.

Hey Gerhart, I am pretty sure I tried that as well its been that long ! I will give it another go and will report back. Thanks once again.

Zaidy

Zaidy

Hey Gerthart, after 5 attempts installing and removing the driver it finally worked. Thank you and to all that have contributed with advice :)