DIY Drone Falls Out Of Sky

Chris_6699

I have recently built my first Quadcopter. Everything has been setup and configured, however when it is in the air it just drops out of the sky, recalibrates and is good to go again. Why is this happening? Any suggestions on how to fix?
PS. I am happy to put up my part list if it is required.
Thanks

jbrumberg

Chris- Welcome to DroneVibes. This is actually my first post since the transition. I suggest that you give more information: frame size, approximate AUW, flight controller, ESC's, motors, battery size, and prop size to help the membership get a better idea of what may be happening. Just how high and how long are you able to stay airborne? Is it drifting/pulling in one direction?

It could be a failing battery, it could be the ESC's low voltage cutoff setting, it could be prop size, etc.

I am certainly no expert, but there are some really knowledgeable and experienced members here who can and are willing to help.

JB

photojunky

About a week ago my first build also fell from the sky when making a hard left. Apparently I had forgotten to tighten one prop... Ooops. Is it doing it under similar circumstances or is it more random?

Chris_6699

It is much more random, as when I take the props off it, plug the battery in then start normally flying it (like I would with the props on), it does not shut down or do anything unusual. I will post my part list later tonight when I get home.

Chris_6699

Ok sorry for the really late reply but here is my part list.

Motors - Lumenier RX1806-14 2300KV
Body - Emax Nighthawk 250mm
Flight Controller - Naze 32 Acro
Camera - Some $12 I found on Banggood
Video Transmitter - Immersion RC 600mW 5.8GHz
Transmitter and Reciever - FS-iA6 FlySky
Propeller Size - 50 45
Batteries - Turnigy 30-40c discharge, 2200mAh, 3 cell 11.1V

Maybe it might be something with my tuning on BaseFlight (That's what I use)?
Is there any other suggestions to a configuration software from a Naze 32?
Thanks

Gabriel Yee

Can be a great number of things...to really figure it out you have to do the "pre flight check" and check everything...twice.
Start with the basics like re-calibration and wire connections and go from there.
Good luck