Denny Rowland gets arrested.

DennyR

Yep it's true, I spent 4 hours at the local Girne Police HQ while they made enquiries. Turned out that I was in the clear with my permissions but it also turned out that one of my competitors had tried to pull a stunt. I had to fight to get back my camera cards as well. At least I didn't get to see the slammer or loose the model.

I spent a few days across the Border shooting a section of a new production on North Cyprus. It was a great time chilling out in the Harbor shooting with a completely standard Phantom/H3-2D and a std. GoPro3+. I also had some time to play with my new 15" MacBookPro Retina. I started to get my head around FCP-X (My last upgrade was FCP-6 so X was a bit intimidating at first as it is not like the old versions. It is much better with instant playback of effects without rendering. I also installed a fisheye removal plugin from FCPeffects.com (Needs also Motion) A few keyboard shortcuts need to be practiced and then you are away at full speed. I was able to put together this short rough cut over a few beers. It pretty much confirms what I have been saying, that the future from my perspective is going to be with small LITE-LIFT machines and portability with media. I shot this at 2.7K wide rendering it at 1920x1080HD. I don't think my heavy stuff is going to get much use in the future. Trouble with a retina display is that it makes everything else look really bad.

The new MacBookPro is blisteringly fast but with Mavericks(10.9) absolutely none of my old software would load, not even Photoshop CS. Expensive few days followed the purchase. A feature that I liked in FCP-X is a zoom feature called a Ken Burns crop. A tip for night shooting is to remove the red Nav. lights at the front of the Phantom. You can see the glare in the dark.:tennis: This is a 1080 HD upload so allow time for it to run at the start.
https://vimeo.com/79516010
I just found out that it does not playback very well in Safari (no Sound) yet it looks great in Firefox, smooth with no jumps . Windows PC looks crap always so I may upload a 720 version.

Last edited by a moderator: