MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 Daedalus Arducopter

plingboot

Seem to have gone from months of almost zero UAV tinkering to having it in the back of my mind all the time at the moment.

I had a Daedalus Kinjal frame with a Paris board which i used for …ehem… flight skills. I also had arducopter hardware sitting around - as i bought into that before MK, but once the hexa arrived the arducopter stuff found it's way into a parts draw - at the time aducopter software was still an early work in progress so no immediate hit of fun.

I happend to look at the arducopter pages a couple of days back and was impressed with how much it had moved on, so had a rebuild of the kinjal last night and here it is -one almost complete arducopter.

Had to drill a couple of holes for the APM/Oilpan board - which sits on a couple of short MK rubber anti vib stand-offs.

DX8 receiver sits down the side and all wires need to be zipped tied in close to avoid being sliced by the props which are 8" APC's - clearance is very tight.
KML motors from HK and 10amp turnigy esc's.

Just need to connect up the MaxSonar, bug eye LEDs, load up the software tonight and hopefully have it flying at the weekend. :nevreness:

View attachment 1260

Attachments

• daedalus.jpg
    daedalus.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 280

plingboot

This one is back in the project box at the moment.

The arducopter board is now in a 3DR quad frame, which looks a bit basic, but is actually very light, rigid, robust and more importantly the arducopter hardware flies pretty great (on it) straight out of the box, so-to-speak.