Customer care, WKM MC replacement

snurre

You know the WKM MC got divided in two categories: Old and New.
The old ones had a higher imedance on some output ports and this could, in special circumstances, lead to motor shut down on these ports.
So DJI offered owners of old MC to upgrade for free during a limited period of time. I gladly accepted that offer.

Now, the MC replacement procedure could be done in different ways, smooth or painful.
Painful if you were required to send in your old unit to your dealer, or worse, direct to DJI. Then stay grounded for n days/weeks, waiting for your new unit.
Smooth, if your dealer orders the new replacement MC, sends it to customer, customer swap units on copter. Returns old MC.
As you all reckon, the smooth alternate seem natural. But not all dealers have this service.

Big thanks to Martin at Build Your Own Drones, UK - for providing smooth service! :tennis:

snurre

what was the time window for this "limited period". Was there a distributed email/customer contact method that alerted owners to test?

Regards,
KS

I did not receive any mail from DJI. But I do remember reading a post about it, on this forum or on RCG, I don´t recall which one.
Anyway, I contacted my dealer and told im I had an old MC and then he did the rest. Took some time for him to get it from DJI but when he got it he sent it expess to me :)

edit. Oh, and neither do I remember the time limit. May have been like three months...

Knilch

Didn't they say that at first all users of the S800 will get a replacement and after that all others who have an old unit should be able to contact DJI and do the same?

snurre

All of you considering MC replacement, I would recommend you to contact your dealer ASAP and ask them for updated info in this matter.

quaddemon

I bought my unit directly from DJI.
Do you think they will trust in sending a new unit and waiting for me to send the old one, based only in my honesty???

snurre

Oh, I have no idea. But it certainly would earn them customer care cred.

I suggest you contact them and request to do it that way. And see what they respond.
Good luck :)

Zen Mitt

I bought my unit directly from DJI.
Do you think they will trust in sending a new unit and waiting for me to send the old one, based only in my honesty???

I also switched my old MC out like Snurre did with Martin at BYOD, I would have a chat with him and see if he can help you too! He had all the answers straight away and it took about 4 weeks to get my MC replaced, the biggest wait was the "China part" waiting for the replacement to come in. If you visit BuildYourOwnDrone and scroll to the about us section there are all the contact details, if you do speak with him let him know I sent you (Dan from Reading) :)