Creation of a list for UK Suppliers ...

whoisthedaddy

150th Member!!
Hi all,

It would be useful to me if we could start a list of UK suppliers (together with their website details) for buying the popular and maybe not so popular items.

For me I'm going to be looking for a Droidworx frame (and there are two distributors in the UK listed on their website) as well as the MK hardware, not to mention engines, batteries etc.

I am more than happy to maintain a list of the most popular/frequently used suppliers and post as a sticky (don't know how to do this yet) if everyone thinks its a good idea?

Lee.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Lee

Ill help you out there.. Only Quadcopter is really worth mentioning. Unfortunately Hours Air dont seem that bothered to get back to you and when they do there interest in what ever your question was is poor. I have bought stuff from Geoff at Quadcopter a couple of times and its there on your door before you know it. He also has lives stock so you know what he has got in.

Batteries I get from RCpitstop (overlander), Props from electicwingman (graupner). There is a few uk suppliers on the other links page.

I will talk to bart about making it a sticky. I think I could manage it as a moderator. I think the best way is that one maintains a single thread and keeps editing it to add more links. If people PM me links or posts them with there reports and details of using a supplier I can them add them to the list and even star rate them depending on users experience.. Ill run it past Bart.

Dave

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Dave
I don't have a huge problem with it but it's probably worth trying to make the main list more useable rather than have a second list going. Who's-the, have you seen the main list that is stickied at the top of the general discussions area?
You forgot to mention our friend 1001-Copters in France. Cedric is a frame builder with mystical powers and he stocks parts as well (I could be wrong but check it out).
Let's see about keeping the main list user friendly otherwise we could end up with 20 regional lists which just spreads everything out. The regional lists may work better but let's try to get the one big daddy running on all cylinders (motors?).
Thanks,
Bart

whoisthedaddy

150th Member!!
Unfortunately Hours Air dont seem that bothered to get back to you and when they do there interest in what ever your question was is poor.
Yep, left a message over the weekend about a frame and no call today, the web site is poor too.. I did look at the Quadcopter which is excellent but it looks like they only stock the Quad frames (the name is a bit of a giveaway!) and I was after a price for the ADX-3 HL. I'll speak to them tomorrow....

Seeing the rest of the thread I agree it does make sense to maintain one list as long as we can get all the UK ones on there, just makes them easy to find...

Cheers
Lee.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Lee,
Thanks for the suggestion. For the new folks here, I DEFINITELY WANT ALL Y'ALL TO FEEL COMFORTABLE MAKING SUGGESTIONS AND BEING ACTIVE AT THE SITE. I don't want to discourage anyone from getting everything they can from what we're doing here so please feel free to make suggestions about how we can improve things. If we throw ideas up in the air to see how people feel about them and they don't get a great response, don't take it personally and don't hesitate to make other suggestions in the future.
So thanks again Lee for your suggestion. If the main suppliers list gets too cumbersome we'll definitely consider making regional lists.
Bart

Macsgrafs

Hi Lee,

I can confirm that Geoff at quadcopters uk is the main man in my book. If he hasnt got it, he gets it in fast....he has my vote, no offence to other traders meant either. I like the idea of UK traders list to be honest, at least we wont have to pay customs charges or over the top postage. Europe is fine as well as there is no customs charges either :)

For motors, ESC's etc I use www.robotbirds.co.uk Andy the owner is very good.

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:

whiteturbo

Multicopter Junkie
Hi,

Sorry i didn,t realize this was a competition, I was just saying the traders i use, and yes Andy from Robotbirds is very good but he is also a bit pricey but he has got me props that nobody else stocked so he also gets my thumbs up. But i must admit i get most of my Quadcopter supplies from a guy in germany but as it says UK suppliers i wont put his site down on the list. Also GiantCod isnt multicopter specific e.g you can get a 450 heli kit for less than £30, i wouldnt buy it, but thats the same price as the chinese. Check out his Long-Max lipo's, i recon they are the best reasonable priced lipo's on the market and they are 5c charge rated. Just my two pennys worth!
Just a little tip if you use Keda hacker type motors, the supplied prop nut strips the Aly thread just looking at it, The Cod sells prop adapters 65p each, keep the domed nut and throw the rest away.

Ray

Hi Lee,

I can confirm that Geoff at quadcopters uk is the main man in my book. If he hasnt got it, he gets it in fast....he has my vote, no offence to other traders meant either. I like the idea of UK traders list to be honest, at least we wont have to pay customs charges or over the top postage. Europe is fine as well as there is no customs charges either :)

For motors, ESC's etc I use www.robotbirds.co.uk Andy the owner is very good.

Ross
HI Lee,
i have to admit i have had some issues with Andy in the past, twice, once with something being send to wrong address and another where i am still stuck with a faulty ardrone