Compass calibration failure

Dr.phil

Trying to calibrate the compass on my new s800 evo but it fails every time.
I have tried several places to rule out disturbance but same problem.
I get the blue light, rotates get the green ligths, turn the s800 vertically and gets the red blinking led each time.
Any tips? Am I missing something? Feel stupid since it always works on my f550 (with another wkm)

DLien

What firmware are you on running on these units? Is it the same on both? I had the same thing happen right after loading v5.26...

Jasonpandre

Eagle Eye Imaging
Mine is running 5.26 and it worked fine. I did have simplify the process though. Someone suggested to me previously making the craft tumble by rolling it over in your hands, but this didn't work. Instead simpy turning on the spot with the craft horizontal, then repeating whilst holding it vertically worked first time.

Just wish I wasn't so dizzy from the first 10 attempts!

Tubb Carrie

after multiple compass calibrations,dynam rc, I finally got it calibrated, I guess. I did the basic calibration in the Naza-M assistant, then the advanced, then I used a magnet, then I did the advanced again. Finally got it to calibrate and not give me the red-yellow-red-yellow lights. :dejection::dejection::dejection::dejection:

Dr.phil

What firmware are you on running on these units? Is it the same on both? I had the same thing happen right after loading v5.26...

No, not the same versions. On my f550 I still use 5.16.
I just got my EVO and started with the upgrade to 5.26.

DLien, what did you do to make it work?

Dr.phil

Connected the GPS from my other WKM (GPS Module with black sides. V1?) And this seems to work. Looks like my V2 GPS that I got with my new WKM is faulty.

Is the GPS with the black sides safe to use on my EVO?

DLien

After I corrected an error in the IMU orientation, it calibrated just like it always has. Now I can tell you what happens when that setting is incorrect. :black_eyed: It's not pretty!