Compass amd retractable landing gear on phantom 2

Hey everyone. Im new to flying rc and have gotten a phantom 2. It has the new style compass. The person i bought it from was half way though putting retractable landing gear on it and i dont really like the way he mounted the compass. So i am wondering if i could put the older style compass on it so i can make a better looking mount for it. Also the landing gear was put on but not hooked up and im not sure what i need to finsh hooking it up he said something adding a spliter

Attachments

• 20160404_192837.jpg
    20160404_192837.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 270

Alwil

Be very careful when you start to mixing parts. You said a new style compass- I honestly
don't know what that means. Is it a replacement new style compass meant for the
Phantom 2? On the landing gear- are you using the stock Phantom radio? If you have
a gimbal- your channels may be all used up. The splitter probably hooks up the left
side and the right side to the controller. You may have to search the web for that
model landing gear and find the instructions. If that means going inside the shell-
that is a fairly complex job.

When it comes to phantoms I would stay a factory original as possible. If you want to go all crazy adding extra stuff to a MR then build a custom one. A phantom out of the box is a pretty good craft especially for a beginner. Start adding stuff an it will just complicate things unnecessarily.

The older style compass is bolted onto the landing gear and the new style is molded into the landing gear the one i have is the molded one. Where the new landing gear was added the stock landing was cut up the molded compass was still being use. Maybe i will just not hook the landing gear to power so thay they just stay down.