Commercial sUAS petition is live at Whitehouse.gov

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi everyone,

We've been discussing this in another thread and it's now live at whitehouse.gov. The link to sign the petition is

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ommercial-suas-standards-immediately/2vbvcC0C

I've also penned a cover letter so that you can send a request to EVERYONE YOU'VE EVER MET :) asking them to sign the petition

Copy it into a new email and send it along.

Keep in mind, you may have to repair the link to the petition if it doesn't copy correctly.

Thank you in advance for your time in considering this request.

The FAA is moving very quickly to prohibit the commercial use of Small Unmanned Aerial Systems, sUAS or “drones”, until a complete regulations document can be drafted.

Commercial sUAS operators have already been providing safe and affordable aerial services to a wide range of industries by following common-sense guidelines, many of which strongly resemble the current commercial sUAS guidelines in use in the UK.

This is not a fight with the FAA but a respectful assertion that the UK commercial sUAS regulations are a worthwhile way to move forward with sUAS integration while preserving the positive economic contribution that they are already making in the United States.

We therefore ask that you consider signing the petition at

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ommercial-suas-standards-immediately/2vbvcC0C

so that the commercial use of sUAS may continue for the benefit of those that operate and employ them in the course of their normal business operations.

Please also consider forwarding this email and/or posting its contents where other interested people might see it.

Thank you.

For additional information about this petition please contact:
Bart Cocchiola
bart@multirotorforums.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike SF

Banned
When I sign the petition, how long does it take that I see it counted? I signed and verified it, but the site is still not showing my signature.

Bartman

EVERYONE THAT HAS EVER WORKED FOR OR BEEN CONTACTED BY A USER OF COMMERCIAL SUAS SERVICES SHOULD CONTACT THOSE VERY SAME PEOPLE AND HAVE THEM SIGN THE PETITION. THE PETITION SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF NOT JUST THE SUAS OPERATORS BUT TO THE CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BENEFITTED FROM THE AVAILABILITY OF SAFE AND LOW-COST SUAS AERIAL SERVICES!!

Many thanks,
Bart

Av8Chuck

OK, I just received the email for the petition. Cool. Now we wait............. Just kidding.

We're up to 33 signatures..:livid:

Av8Chuck

Posting in other forums is good but we need the administrators to post an email blast to their members in the same way Bart did otherwise there's a strong potential that they will be lost in the clutter and in which thread do you post it?

Also think outside the box a bit, I have posted to DVInfo, professional real estate photography blogs and I'm trying to figure out a way into the California Association of realtors. Anyone know a realtor's who would be willing to assist us?

Bartman

Top.

Please sign it and forward the link to anyone and everyone that might benefit from the availability of safe and low-cost aerial services (such as every real estate agent you might know).

100,000 names ought to be easy given the unlimited uses for sUAS and the people that would benefit.

Bartman

another letter that can be used to ask for signatures from suppliers, customers, associates, etc.

If you’re receiving this email it is because you have either operated a small unmanned aerial system (aka sUAS or “drone”), supplied parts for sUAS’s, or have benefitted (or stand to benefit) from the safe and low-cost services that only sUAS vehicles can provide. This petition is as much about the operators of and suppliers for sUAS operations as it is the customers we serve.

Please sign the petition at

so that we can collect the 100,000 signatures required to get the attention of the Obama administration and possibly compel the FAA to adopt the UK’s BNUC-S standard which would allow small unmanned aerial aircraft to continue operating with common-sense regulations that can be easily managed by small-business owners.

The FAA is moving quickly to stop the operation of sUAS vehicles for-hire despite being years behind other countries in publishing workable sUAS regulations. Industries such as yours have already recognized the benefits of safe and affordable operation of sUAS aircraft and it would be a shame if that innovation and economic activity had to stop.

Thank you for your consideration and please also consider forwarding this request to as many people as possible including email lists for the professional associations that will benefit from the availability of safe and low-cost sUAS aerial services. More information will be available at www.understandingsuas.com when the website goes live later this week.

Regards,
<state your name>

ChrisViperM

Hi Bart

Can't you make this thread to stay like a "sticky" permanently as the 1st post in the "NEW POSTS" section.....????

Chris

Bartman

i can only stick threads in the thread listings but not in the recent threads pages.