CineStar8 vs. SkyJib8

EgonW3

Hi!

I am going to build a heavy lift platform able to carry 4-5 kg camera. I found frames mentioned in title of this post interesting (with Plettenbergs 15-20).
Is there such a big difference in payload of these platforms? According to information on websites of these product, CS8 can lift 2,2 kg and SJ8 5+ kg.
SJ8 weights ca. 1,6 kg, CS8 ca. 1,9 kg, both are made of carbon, both cost the same so where this difference comes from?
With SJ8 you can use 15" props. How about CS8?

ZG

Last edited by a moderator:

Lanzar

Both frames can easy lift 4kg camera. The diference in rtf is only in setup and motors. Since u can put 3.5kg trust motors motors on both frames and u get 25kg lift. Both frames weight with 360pan gimbal and 2x 5000mh 5s lipos around 7 to 8 kg. Depends on the landing gear u use. For example we have skyjib8 and cs8 with same configuration and they perform pretty close. Yes skyjib can have 15'' prosps. CS is limited to 14''. So u could have both of them build for your 4kg camera. I would prefer cs8 with the new cs 360 gimbal. Dont know if your 4kg camera would fit in av200, most big rigs have the problem with cameras like red and sony fx100 not fiting in the mounts.
Platenbergs are overrated. Pls check rpm's, props and ... in calculator before buying, cause small diferences make this birds fly, othervise they wont even hoover at full gas.

Last edited by a moderator: