Cinestar - RADIAN Gimbal stabilization stuff.......

ChrisViperM

Since I was just informed by kopterworx.com that my RADIAN 3-axis stabilization is on the way, I figured that a few other guys will get theirs also any now and then. I won't be able to test it until I have moved to brazil, but others will have the pleasure, so why not opening up a thread in the meantime......the only thing I can do in this thread is to post some vid's I collected (quite a few are from the freefly website):

Mechanical Tips

Wiring examples

Gain Tuning

Firmware Update

Balancing Pan Axis:

Balancing Camera

Preflight Tuning

Software Configuration

Cinestar 8 with Red Epic
[video]http://player.vimeo.com/video/28738207?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&autoplay=1[/video]

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

I just got noticed my radians are in my post office waiting for pickup, but i just came to Barcelona and will be driving through and around Spain next week. So cannot be testing radians for a week.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Chris.. You just beat me to it. I am in the middle of sorting mine out and fitting them on a AV130. when I had got it sorted I was going to post the videos and open a help thread.. guess yu beat me to it. Ill retreat back to my new DroidWorx Thread!

Dave

ChrisViperM

Sorry Dave, didn't want to "beat" you...I was just exited to get the info that it's on the way and thought a few other guys will get them as well...just wanted to post a few vids I thought might be useful. Please don't "retreat" and let's hear how you get along with Freefly's "gold". I'm very keen to hear how it works on a non-Freefly gimbal.

Cheers

Chris

jrlederer

I, too, was notified early in the a.m. that my 3-axis config is on the way from kopterworx, so thanks for the videos and rest assured I will be posting results as soon as I get them!!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
From what I am gathering it would appear they are designed to work best with the FF servos. I aint a servo guru so Ill give them a whirl on the Savox that come on the AV130 before looking at moving to FF servos

Dave

holco

Thanks for all the links ChrisViperM :)

Will be very handy when the 3 axis Radian for our new Kratos will arrive.

cobda

Hi there,

is there any news on the Radian? Is it working properly?
I am looking for a stabilization used for professional filming. So far i read about Skyline from Photohigher and the HoverflyGimbal. Both of them seem not to work
as expected. Actually i could use a 2-Axis too. But i am new in this kind of stuff and dont know which system works the best.
Any tipps or news?

Thanks,
cobda

Kari

Hi there,

is there any news on the Radian? Is it working properly?
I am looking for a stabilization used for professional filming. So far i read about Skyline from Photohigher and the HoverflyGimbal. Both of them seem not to work
as expected. Actually i could use a 2-Axis too. But i am new in this kind of stuff and dont know which system works the best.
Any tipps or news?

Thanks,
cobda

Hi,

I have both Radians in Cinestar gimbal and Skyline in AV130 and i have to say that currently i get very similar results with both systems. Radians works well but biggest problem for me has been bouncing roll axis with cinestar gimbal. I had to remove original Cinestar vibration dampenings and i have rebuilt new dampening mechanism and it's bit better now. Skyline AV130 combo in my Y6 hexa works very well at the moment. No jitters, no drifting horizon etc. but setting it up is bit more complicated than radians. One advantage for skyline is that if you are using system as one man setup you have possibility to adjust gimbal tilting in proportional mode in tx but radians allows only slew mode. And other thing is price, is radians worth 3X price of skyline, i don't know.

Kari

Kari

Attachments

• damper2.jpg
    damper2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 422
  • damper1.jpg
    damper1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 394

PaNt

Hmm you removed the stock dampers...?? isnt there a way to put both???

And when you say it better its a lot better??

Kari

Hmm you removed the stock dampers...?? isnt there a way to put both???

And when you say it better its a lot better??

I don't think you can put them both, and i think it would be too hard. There are different softness options in these ball dampers. It's hard to say how much better it is now, still no perfect but best i've tried so far.

PaNt

I don't think you can put them both, and i think it would be too hard. There are different softness options in these ball dampers. It's hard to say how much better it is now, still no perfect but best i've tried so far.
Freefly has some new dampers :) :)