Cheerson CX-20 cant match the video quality of my Phantom

photojunky

I have tried to get good quality video from my CX-20 with a gimbal and gopro, but from what I have seen on the web and from my own experience, it aint happening. I will be selling the entire setup on ebay (hopefully) and may get the new DJI or something else.

OldGazer

Video quality is a function of the CAMERA and not the platform that carries it.

The only thing I see that is "wrong" with the video is the props are in some of the frames...

The shaking is from vortex ring state. Try descending with a little slope instead of straight down through the prop wash
If you want longer range and full autonomy add 3DR telemetry radios and run Mission Planner on a laptop.
IMG_20150324_210512564.jpg
IMG_20150104_063435427.jpg

To eliminate the jello you need to isolate the entire gimbal and its mounting plate from the aircraft frame like I do with my Tarot 680 Pro and my "el cheapo" X-525.

Attachments

• IMG_20150324_210512564.jpg
    IMG_20150324_210512564.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_20150104_063435427.jpg
    IMG_20150104_063435427.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 966

photojunky

I think we are in total agreement. When I said the video quality was not that good, it was not because the GoPro produces bad video quality, it was because the gimbal could not eliminate the vibration from the cheap quadcopter. I recently built a hexacopter, the tarot t810. I am in the process of building a dampening plate using two pieces of carbon fiber with vibration balls sandwiched between them. I like your set up by the way.

OldGazer

Roger that.

I used the X-525 as my test bed, and with the double isolation I had zero jello. When I built the 680 I used Tarot's hook mounts and got jello like you wouldn't believe.

Now I use the hook mounts to hold the battery tray.

Raptor4184

So if I ziptie a gimbal from the top piece to the bottom of the frame, will that effect it? I have the proper isolation balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

photojunky

I don't completely understand what you are asking, but any additional buffer between the quadcopter and camera will absorb vibration, or at least that's the way I see it. I am making a small, not sure what to call it, but it is two pieces of carbon fiber with vibration balls in the middle that the gimbal will bolt onto.