Tau Labs CC3D Not Recognizing my Transmitter

G

...guest...

I really really hope I'm not ruffling any feathers here but by reading through the sticky and some posts, TL is a fork (?) of CC development so I'm really hoping I can ask CC related questions here as well.

I've got a Lumenier edition CC3D and for some reason it stopped recognizing my transmitter. I've isolated it to the CC3D because I tried using a another CC3D board (RMRC) I have and also tried swapping to an exact same other rx. The LEDs on both boards light up the same way but I get nothing when I arm the board and I get nothing in the GCS as far as transmitter stick movements.

The only thing I can think of is possibly shorting something on the board. My vtx antenna connector was under the CC3D board when I installed it and noticed that motor 4 was not responding. I noticed that a couple of connectors including motor #4 at the bottom was touching the metal antenna mount on my vtx. I've since isolated that touch point and all motors ran perfect after that. But then a few minutes later (note I was still able to arm and run the motors), it just would not arm at all.

Any advice appreciated.

G

...guest...

Oh not at all man. I should have prefaced that I got the board used actually. But it worked very well up until then. I do think that the vtx antenna mount possibly contacting some leads creating a short is a distinct possibility. Just that it still armed and worked after I thought I'd fixed the issue by taping up the antenna mount.

Anyway I lucked out on a guy that was selling some hand soldered boards so I have a couple of them on the way. Just would be nice to recover this one.