Can you connect DJI A2 FC to Jeti R18 Rx via ppm ?

ZAxis

Simple question...
Does the Jeti SAT1/2 connections on a R18 receiver allow you to connect a DJI A2 flight controller using ppm ?

andy

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Zaxis as far as i understand any jeti receiver R9 upwards can be programmed to have a ppm out on port 1. You have to read up un it in the jeti forums and update the RX to the latest FW. Second thought I think the R18 was always able to output PPM on SAT2. Its a RX setting though with a jetibos or it might work with a DC16 DS16 at its software based Jetibox.

If you can use the seperate spare channels though on the RX for normal pwm out once ppm is used i am not sure about. I think the R9 for example cant once in ppm out mode. But maybe further jeti updates will solve that.
On the otherside the A2 Fc offers the rerouting of any channel that comes in eiher s-bus ppm etc. to four physical port on the maincontroller.

That would mean i can ppm in onto the controller assigen 8 or more channles to the main DJI features and tell the A2 to reroute to physical ports another 4 channels pwm outputs, for landinggear or camera tiger etc. Here is another problem though that although A2 supports up to think 16 channels, ppm in combo with the A2 only allows 8 at the moment. Hope DJI will fix that !

Regards

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Boris
Thanks for the info. Given the trouble others are experiencing with the A2 I am going to hold off using it until DJI sort things out.

andy

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
GOOD decision Andy. You are more than welcome to come to the shed and try it out of the two that are being ripped out of my new copters tomorrow!

Apart from the vey bad name that A2M stands for in a world I did not know about I would say what it stands for right now is ABSOLUTELY 2 MUCH!