Can someone explain what these 2 boards do?

matwelli

I think thats Ross's issue, if he yaws the platform to get the shot, he loses orientation, (same as i do) so he can aim it straight and his partner can swing the camera around ?

of course, its not an issue with a Decent FC that has GPS, such as the MK or the Ardu, as it holds position while you yaw around and get the shot. Hoverfly dont have GPS yet

Macsgrafs

I think thats Ross's issue, if he yaws the platform to get the shot, he loses orientation, (same as i do) so he can aim it straight and his partner can swing the camera around ?

of course, its not an issue with a Decent FC that has GPS, such as the MK or the Ardu, as it holds position while you yaw around and get the shot. Hoverfly dont have GPS yet

Very true Mat, I cant afford to replace £3000 worth of multi due to orientation problems, but I suppose I could use FPV & the cam op can do what they want then ;)
Does the MK support octo's??? & where can I read more about it thats not in German ;)

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I understand the principle of having a third axis of control for a camera mount but I'm not sure if I believe that it's actually helpful when today's flight control boards still seem to have trouble keeping the roll axis level. The third axis of control sounds nice but I wonder if it really results in anything useful.

CopterCam

Very true Mat, I cant afford to replace £3000 worth of multi due to orientation problems, but I suppose I could use FPV & the cam op can do what they want then ;)
Does the MK support octo's??? & where can I read more about it thats not in German ;)

Certainly adding FPV brings a whole new dimension to APV but requires an additional skill set. It is probably the way to do AV well as a one man operation ? I agree with Bartman to some extent.....but there is a certain security in PH while the Pan axis does its job, especially omo, although it is nice to have ones partner involved when the shoot goes well :) Got to plan for the occasions when you might have to plough a lone furrow ?

Sid

Macsgrafs

I understand the principle of having a third axis of control for a camera mount but I'm not sure if I believe that it's actually helpful when today's flight control boards still seem to have trouble keeping the roll axis level. The third axis of control sounds nice but I wonder if it really results in anything useful.

I have flown a RC helicopter cam ship for over 2 years now, there's 1 thing I have learnt....its better to have something & not use it, rather than not having something & needing to use it! :)

Certainly adding FPV brings a whole new dimension to APV but requires an additional skill set. It is probably the way to do AV well as a one man operation ? I agree with Bartman to some extent.....but there is a certain security in PH while the Pan axis does its job, especially omo, although it is nice to have ones partner involved when the shoot goes well :) Got to plan for the occasions when you might have to plough a lone furrow ?

Sid

Having FPV would allow me to get in the drivers seat & make sure we are on track for capturing the scene. The way I look at fliming or photography from a pro level is anything that takes the workload away from the pilot can only be a good thing. Imagine flying towards a moving train thats coming towards your copter, if you want to pan down as you fly over the train that means taking your eye off of flying, not very safe, but with a cam op & a decent gimbal....you just fly & leave them to capture the shot, though it doesnt always work that way ;)

Ross

Well, whilst undertaking AP we have discovered that having someone else there does not just half the workload it seems to quarter it maybe more.

Looks like you need an MK board with follow me and POI

[video]http://youtu.be/8HJUjizCPrQ[/video]

Careful if you start chasing trains etc without all the permissions in place the CAA will take a dim view of that ;-)

Macsgrafs

Well, whilst undertaking AP we have discovered that having someone else there does not just half the workload it seems to quarter it maybe more.

Looks like you need an MK board with follow me and POI

[video]http://youtu.be/8HJUjizCPrQ[/video]

Careful if you start chasing trains etc without all the permissions in place the CAA will take a dim view of that ;-)

Thanks Gary, will check it out. The train thing was only an example, bot that I would ever do that you understand ;)

Ross