camera control

Bowley

Generally accepted means of camera control are camremote, gentles or plain old trigger servo. all basically Rx pulse controlled and limited to varying degrees.
Been mulling over use of rs232 comms for full unlimited camera control. only limiting factor being the need for a laptop.
Anyone doing it already?

ZAxis

Generally accepted means of camera control are camremote, gentles or plain old trigger servo. all basically Rx pulse controlled and limited to varying degrees.
Been mulling over use of rs232 comms for full unlimited camera control. only limiting factor being the need for a laptop.
Anyone doing it already?

Since most dslr type camera have a USB port which is often used for remote control why use rs232, why not go straight to a wireless USB link like this

http://www.rcblogic.co.uk/p-202-gef...-usb20.aspx?gclid=CI_L29H52a8CFaYJtAod5nWbDQ&

A bit expensive but if its stripped down to a minimum and a decent antenna if fitted it could do the job.

andy

ZAxis

Have you Googled ' RS232 wireless modem' ? It turns up quite a few hits.
I have used these for a race timing system data link from the top of the Nevis Range to the bottom but it did need a relay halfway down, that was about 2Km.
This was done with expensive professional units but I'm sure the cheaper ones will do the job.

andy

Bowley

I'll have a look, cheers Andy.
I have a feeling its all probably not worth the hassle, but might be fun just to play about with.

Were you timing riders on the Fort Bill DH course? I wish I could view your last mtb video post, but I'm out at sea at the Elgin/Franklin palava and our connection is too slow to stream video, never mind home friday, then I can view the past 3 weeks goings on...but first wine!!